+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Spike's Gunship and Megatron

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Spike's Gunship and Megatron

Sure, there are some similarities, but that doesn't mean they are ripping off design. Ever heard of "paying tribute" or "inspiration"...? Influence can come from all sorts of places. ^.^

I always disliked Transformers... >.>;; Don't beat me up, I just don't like it. Never did, and never will.

LOL

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    Ever heard of "paying tribute" or "inspiration"...? Influence can come from all sorts of places.
    There is no way transformers was inspired by Cowboy Bebop, the fact that people think there is a similarity between Spike's ship and Megatron is merely a coincidence.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    There is no way transformers was inspired by Cowboy Bebop, the fact that people think there is a similarity between Spike's ship and Megatron is merely a coincidence.
    I never said there was a direct inspiration of the design. ^.^ In fact, I've never heard of the Bebop creators mentioning anything about Transformers actually inspiring them in any way.... In interviews and what not. I'd be curious to read up on what the creators actually drew upon for inspiration. (besides imagination!)

I was merely clearing up the fact that Bebop was certainly NOT ripping off anything from anywhere else. Just that, as an artist and writer myself, I know sometimes things can inspire you in strange ways. And really, if people think there is a similarity that's their opinion anyway. ^.^

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    I never said there was a direct inspiration of the design. ^.^ In fact, I've never heard of the Bebop creators mentioning anything about Transformers actually inspiring them in any way.
    Scratch that, reverse it, lol. Bebop would have been inspiration for Transformers. If you are talking about the feature film, then it would have been the other way around.

Thanks

I did a little research and grabbed the name of the guy who did all the mechanical design in Bebop:
    Kimitoshi Yamane - Wiki

Here's a link to his art book:
    Mecha Zukan by Kimitoshi Yamane

^.^ Hope that helps a little.

From what I've read of him, he's pretty amazing, not to mention all the anime series he's worked on! And he's not ripping anything off. It could be that you've seen his style somewhere else, as well.
    Last edited by Spike'sRose; Sep 04, 2009 at 08:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3