+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Did InuYasha drag on for too long

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Did InuYasha drag on for too long

It was okay but it could have been way better, like ketsueki said, it could of had more
    fighting in it anything but more arguing, if I wanted to listen to arguing I would pay
    more attention to my family.

Newbie jessicacheers is off to a good start jessicacheers's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not think that the InYasha has draged on ok they haven't even reached 200 that is where u go for 10 Seasons and only one show has done that which is Stargate not Stargate Atlantis this is just plan Stargate with Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping and Micheal Shanks and Chistopher Judge with Don S.Davis being in charge of SGC but after Season 5 some things changed and the new line up is Ben Browder Amanda Tapping Micheal Shanks Christopher Judge and the new person in charge of the SGC was Beau Bridges now after 10 Seasons they ended the show in 2007 and Stargate Atlantis was to continue with apprences from all the other Stargate cast from all Seasons. So no i do not think that InYasha has gone on for 2 long

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess to some it wasn't so long, only reason it is to some is because it was kinda
    predictable.

Newbie metalmaster32 is off to a good start metalmaster32's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it did, but it is nothing compared to what she did to Ranma. Holy crap that was pointless episode after pointless episode. It was mildly entertaining, but like 90% filler.
    Anyway Inuyasha probably could have been condensed quite a bit. I stopped watching after about episode 70 or so. Ten seasons may be too much. Three or four would do better to keep you interested the whole time as well as do better on your wallet.

Otaku Taelana may be famous one day Taelana may be famous one day Taelana's Avatar
    *tap tap tap...I'm right here...Dont you see me?
    Thanks

Nobody ever complains when a sitcom goes on for seasons, but let an anime be long and there's a problem. I personally liked all the episodes and have watched them all ATLEAST once. I didnt think it was too long. I was just pissed that it didnt have a resolution. Otherwise it was great. The filler btw were still entertaining, so I'm glad they didnt leave them out or cut them short.
    Mukuchi ni naruhodo suki yo yasashi sa doushitara mieru no
    daikishimete motto tsuyoku atataka na mune wo shinjiru yo
    Sayonara solitia ashita he

Newbie ketsueki Tenshu is off to a good start ketsueki Tenshu's Avatar
    Thanks

It was okay but it could have been way better, like ketsueki said, it could of had more
    fighting in it anything but more arguing, if I wanted to listen to arguing I would pay
    more attention to my family.
    Thank you! Happily someone argee's! Even the movies to the series were a little too talketive.

Only those who put their mind to it, can recive all the power available to them

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

@ Taelana

Nobody bothers to complain about the long running sitcoms? It's because a lot of Sitcoms are meant to be episodic with little or no plot progression and continuity.

If an anime becomes too long then there's a problem? Actually, there are a lot of long-running anime series and they never really generated too much hate and heat from the anime fanbase. Doraemon, Kureyon Shinchan, Case Closed and some other shows are a lot longer than Inuyasha but where's the heat? If there is, it's nothing compared to what Inuyasha have generated because those shows follow an episodic sequencing with little or no plot and episode continuity like some sitcoms.

The shows that really had problems with being "too long" are the ones that have plot continuity like Naruto, Bleach, etc.. Like those shows, Inuyasha had a better story to tell but it didn't deliver, instead it ended up as the episodic fluke that irritated fans from all corners of the globe.

The problem doesn't really lie on how long the series is by episode count but on how long the series have beaten around the bush...

A lot of people have hated DBZ for its pacing but at least Goku and his colleagues preferred to save the universe instead of continuously walking while arguing with travel buddies.

The Keiman of Anime keimanzero is off to a good start keimanzero's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Did InuYasha drag on for too long

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    @ Taelana

Nobody bothers to complain about the long running sitcoms? It's because a lot of Sitcoms are meant to be episodic with little or no plot progression and continuity.

If an anime becomes too long then there's a problem? Actually, there are a lot of long-running anime series and they never really generated too much hate and heat from the anime fanbase. Doraemon, Kureyon Shinchan, Case Closed and some other shows are a lot longer than Inuyasha but where's the heat? If there is, it's nothing compared to what Inuyasha have generated because those shows follow an episodic sequencing with little or no plot and episode continuity like some sitcoms.

The shows that really had problems with being "too long" are the ones that have plot continuity like Naruto, Bleach, etc.. Like those shows, Inuyasha had a better story to tell but it didn't deliver, instead it ended up as the episodic fluke that irritated fans from all corners of the globe.

The problem doesn't really lie on how long the series is by episode count but on how long the series have beaten around the bush...

A lot of people have hated DBZ for its pacing but at least Goku and his colleagues preferred to save the universe instead of continuously walking while arguing with travel buddies.
    Don't forget Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, DragonBall, DragonBall GT as well as DBZ. How about Rurouni Kenshin and Bleach? Zach Bell is endless too. If they're good who cares how long they are? I wite fanfictions (2) and my first was 184 chapters. My second is gonna be about 25 but already it's up to 16 chappies. I know there are other anime 'long runners' but I cannot recall them just now. Anyone? Toodles-K&K
    SFN and have a great day. Kami bless you all and see ya soon. Toodles-K&K

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast