+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Did InuYasha drag on for too long

Newbie jessicacheers is off to a good start jessicacheers's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Did InuYasha drag on for too long

Yeah don"t forget Digimon and Power Rangers. Power Rangers may not be anime but it is just an example they continue like that for future generations like my little niece that will watch Barney and Zaboomafoo just cause their are new episodes doesn't mean u have to watch if u get tired of the show quit wathcing it then nobody is making u watch them

Newbie ariabella4480 is off to a good start
    Thanks

no way inuyasha rocks and if you dont think so you most of missed alot of episodes because it just rocked

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jessicacheers View Post
    Yeah don"t forget Digimon and Power Rangers. Power Rangers may not be anime but it is just an example they continue like that for future generations like my little niece that will watch Barney and Zaboomafoo just cause their are new episodes doesn't mean u have to watch if u get tired of the show quit wathcing it then nobody is making u watch them
    Actually, the Power Ranger shows are American adaptations (spinoffs or ripoffs) of one the most celebrated branches of Japanese Tokusatsu, Super Sentai. The long list of Super Sentai programs began during the mid 70s with Himitsu Sentai Goranger (1975) followed by JAKQ Dengekitai (1977) and eventually, Battle Fever J (1979). From that point on, introducing a new Super Sentai show became a yearly tradition in Japan, and that tradition continues to this very day with Go-Onger. Although all Sentai shows had a plot to follow they're still presented in an episodic manner (monster of the week, mecha battle, etc.) with the main plot slowly unfolding (or not at all) with each episode.

The first Power Ranger show actually based itself from three Super Sentai shows: Zyuranger, Dairanger, and Kakuranger. Every other Power Ranger show after the first one are based on the Japanese originals up to today's Jungle Fury which is based on last year's Sentai, Gekiranger. Power Ranger shows are American made but a lot of footages, mostly the costumed scenes, the posedowns, and the mecha scenes are taken from Japan.

Power Ranger's success on some countries have overshadowed Sentai's. With this much reception not only in programming but also in merchandise sales and the continuing tradition in Japan, the franchise has a solid foundation so it's unlikely to see it end. Although the Power Rangers have not been well received by the Tokusatsu fanbase, by older fans, and by some countries with strong devotion to Sentai, the franchise remains strong.

A lot of people are confusing the term "dragged on for too long" with total episode count. But nonetheless, if you want to count...the usual episode count of a power ranger or sentai show plays around the forties and the fifties so it takes 3 to 4 shows of their kind to equal Inuyasha's total.

With all this being said, it should be clear that the Power Ranger's longevity isn't something that is best compared with Inuyasha's. The presentation is different, the fundamentals are different, a lot of the reasons for the longevity are different, yadda yadda.

Newbie jessicacheers is off to a good start jessicacheers's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    Actually, the Power Ranger shows are American adaptations (spinoffs or ripoffs) of one the most celebrated branches of Japanese Tokusatsu, Super Sentai. The long list of Super Sentai programs began during the mid 70s with Himitsu Sentai Goranger (1975) followed by JAKQ Dengekitai (1977) and eventually, Battle Fever J (1979). From that point on, introducing a new Super Sentai show became a yearly tradition in Japan, and that tradition continues to this very day with Go-Onger. Although all Sentai shows had a plot to follow they're still presented in an episodic manner (monster of the week, mecha battle, etc.) with the main plot slowly unfolding (or not at all) with each episode.

The first Power Ranger show actually based itself from three Super Sentai shows: Zyuranger, Dairanger, and Kakuranger. Every other Power Ranger show after the first one are based on the Japanese originals up to today's Jungle Fury which is based on last year's Sentai, Gekiranger. Power Ranger shows are American made but a lot of footages, mostly the costumed scenes, the posedowns, and the mecha scenes are taken from Japan.

Power Ranger's success on some countries have overshadowed Sentai's. With this much reception not only in programming but also in merchandise sales and the continuing tradition in Japan, the franchise has a solid foundation so it's unlikely to see it end. Although the Power Rangers have not been well received by the Tokusatsu fanbase, by older fans, and by some countries with strong devotion to Sentai, the franchise remains strong.

A lot of people are confusing the term "dragged on for too long" with total episode count. But nonetheless, if you want to count...the usual episode count of a power ranger or sentai show plays around the forties and the fifties so it takes 3 to 4 shows of their kind to equal Inuyasha's total.

With all this being said, it should be clear that the Power Ranger's longevity isn't something that is best compared with Inuyasha's. The presentation is different, the fundamentals are different, a lot of the reasons for the longevity are different, yadda yadda.
    that is all well and everything but i was just trying to show that they continue episodes for generations to come i wasn't comparing inuyasha to Power Rangers that is like comparing Stargate Atlantis to teletubies ok

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't be too defensive about it, i just used your post and Power Rangers as reference for the ongoing discussion about the "long-runners" and the ones that are "dragged on for too long".

Newbie kitsune610 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hmm I liked some of the fillers, but I defentally agree that some of them sucked.

The question is who will die first; Inuyasha or Naruto?

Newbie Fall3nAngeL02 is off to a good start Fall3nAngeL02's Avatar
    Thanks

yea i agree
    i love the show but it was rediculous how long it was
    seriously its like going around in circles
    but i guess thats kinda how life is too
    ^_^
    <33

Otaku Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah for sure, they should have limited the filler episodes and not have naraku escape from right under their noses time and time again lol. I also think they should have given inuyasha some of the shikon jewel to make him stronger heh but maybe thats just me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast