+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did Spike...?

Newbie shenaligaan is off to a good start shenaligaan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Did Spike...?

Wasn't that some previous chapter of that's added after the credits? I got this bad habit of stopping playing at the ending credits *whacks self*
    I have been thinking he should be dead, but now I'm thinking about it to give a right answer here and I'm changing my mind. He could well be alive.
    Let's consider what happened:
    - He killed Vicious and was just injured. And probably not the worse injury he's received either in the series or the film.
    - He walks all the way down to the gates of the skycrapper from the upper levels, so that's quite the distance to be dead wounded.
    - Reaching those stairs he's surrounded by all those henchmen. Vicious' henchmen.
    - He can well find he's not in shape anymore to fight or run his way out of all that. I say his fall is not his death, he lets himself fall out of exhaustion and lack of hope to get away.
    - The henchmen should know a living Spike means a dead Vicious.

So the question to answer is: Without their leader, those men would revenge (or merely punish) Vicious death shooting Spike on the ground or would not care any longer and leave?

P.S. - D'uh! Forgot to check dates, I rarely check post dates. Anyway considering it's a two thread section I would imagine it's the kind of part where the older than two weeks thread post would not be that much of an issue?
    Last edited by shenaligaan; Aug 23, 2007 at 05:14 AM.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shenaligaan View Post
    Wasn't that some previous chapter of that's added after the credits? I got this bad habit of stopping playing at the ending credits *whacks self*
    I have been thinking he should be dead, but now I'm thinking about it to give a right answer here and I'm changing my mind. He could well be alive.
    Let's consider what happened:
    - He killed Vicious and was just injured. And probably not the worse injury he's received either in the series or the film.
    - He walks all the way down to the gates of the skycrapper from the upper levels, so that's quite the distance to be dead wounded.
    - Reaching those stairs he's surrounded by all those henchmen. Vicious' henchmen.
    - He can well find he's not in shape anymore to fight or run his way out of all that. I say his fall is not his death, he lets himself fall out of exhaustion and lack of hope to get away.
    - The henchmen should know a living Spike means a dead Vicious.

So the question to answer is: Without their leader, those men would revenge (or merely punish) Vicious death shooting Spike on the ground or would not care any longer and leave?

P.S. - D'uh! Forgot to check dates, I rarely check post dates. Anyway considering it's a two thread section I would imagine it's the kind of part where the older than two weeks thread post would not be that much of an issue?
    The dead thread rule is not applicable in the specific anime series forums.

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    he died. the indian dude gave jet the speech on how everyone has a star and it fades when they die. you see a star fade away at the end of the credits. hes dead, alright.
    That could have easily been Vicious's star. I also believe that Spike didn't die, in the CB movie the wounds he gets from Vincent on that Rail Train seemed to be far worst than anything that happened when he went after Vicious. Wheather or not he lived or died there probably will never be anymore bebop.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    That could have easily been Vicious's star. I also believe that Spike didn't die, in the CB movie the wounds he gets from Vincent on that Rail Train seemed to be far worst than anything that happened when he went after Vicious. Wheather or not he lived or died there probably will never be anymore bebop.
    He's dead. He's clearly, utterly dead at the end of the anime.
    The whole last mission he did was a suicide mission in the first place.

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought of it more of a mission of revenge thats been a long time coming, than a suicide mission. The things that happened to some of the bounties through-out the series, it just seems hard to believe that Spike would die from a few wounds. Unless they release a director cut of CB and it shows Spike getting shot in the head or heart or blown up, I'll believe he still lives.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Newbie shenaligaan is off to a good start shenaligaan's Avatar
    Thanks
    What to me is obvious is that he goes there knowing he will die, he just has to do it. For Julia, for all the suffering the two lovers have been put to. And hence, Spike being dead would be the best, it makes Spike even greater. Said that, I will review that ending, there are a couple points I don't remember seeing.

((Enough time has passed since that last post above, so I would not count this as double posting))

I finally reviewed it. He doesn't reach for anybody, he just aims his hand as if it were a gun, then he says "Bang!" and falls. No more movement is seen. Neither the falling star (I think who mentioned it just messed the memory of the episode when the hermaphrodite dies). Once fallen, the camera zooms out and we see everybody still, probably still shocked by the appearance of Spike. After the credits we see a black on gray image of fallen Spike's face.

Before falling we see he's hurt in his right side, above the liver, so it's not necessarily a death wound, also blood in his left arm which may be a hollow wound and blood in his face that surely is caused by splattering from Vicious's blood.

On another note, I have seen mention the film is some moment previous to one of the final chapter. That seems to be the truth, as otherwise we'd be shown how is Ed returns to be on the ship. Then it ends being a bit of incompatible to my tastes, as the distant reference to Julia doesn't seem to be fitting the moment when it would be happening regarding the series timeline. It's too far, too distant, too much as something forgotten and already out of his life, which never during the series is reached. In that regard it would work much better being some moment after the series, when Julia is definitely dead and Spike has begun to live past her.
    Last edited by Hassun; Sep 18, 2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: I DO count it as double posting

Thanks

The film takes place between episode 22 and 23 of the original series.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

...do we usually get large choral numbers written by Yokko Kanno followed by fade-to-black when characters just "pass out"?

O_o;

"Spike faints - THE END"

How... satisfying

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast