+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2011, The Year of "Hollywood" Anime Movies

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

2011, The Year of "Hollywood" Anime Movies

That's right, after my post about hollywood remakes, I decided to look up GI Joe the movie and stumbled upon some sick news; Akira (last casted with leo decaprio but said he wasn't), Battle Angel (James Cameron), Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, Robotech (Toby Maguire), Voltron and a few other are on the line up (Thunder Cats too, I don't know if it is going to be live or 3-D) to be made into live action Movies. so hollywood is up to their old tricks again and it looks like the adaptation will not stop their either. lets just hope that they make them into good movies or at least decent movies like Transformers, but these are the same people who gave us DOOM the movie, so how do you feel about this buzz of what I like to call the year of "hollywood" anime movies, 2011.

PS He-man is set to be remade too

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2011, The Year of "Hollywood" Anime Movies

Not suprising considering they're just about out of good superhero movies to make, at least from the DC and Marvel universes. I have no doubt that most of these movies will be terrible, and I'll bet some of them won't even make it to theatres. Although I might see He-man just so I can laugh at Skeletor's falsetto.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, some sound cool, but some..why?/...
    akira: its greatest factor was that it was animated
    Thundercats?????Voltron??????why hollywood?

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    Not suprising considering they're just about out of good superhero movies to make, at least from the DC and Marvel universes. I have no doubt that most of these movies will be terrible, and I'll bet some of them won't even make it to theatres. Although I might see He-man just so I can laugh at Skeletor's falsetto.
    speaking about DC or Marvel, I heard that in 2011, the Capt. America movie and the Avengers movie will be released at the same time (probrobley a couple of months apart from each other like how it was this year), as well as Spiderman 4 (unconfirmed). In 2010, DC will have Superman's sequel and, Justice League; Thor will be released as well from Marvel. So superhero movies are still going to be cranked out (And likely a bunch of sequels to come too) on top of hollywoods idea of turning anime into live-action movies (not too mention the Eva movie that is in production in Germany that I heard about, I don't know if it is true or not).

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Even though Hollywood is running outta ideas, at least they're dipping into wells of quality stories. Even though, in the end, it's up to the movie makers to make those movies good.
    The next few years worth of movies should be an interesting mix indeed

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

i just looked at the dbz cast.umm was the casting director on speed? the dude from buffy the vampire slayer is playing piccolo.*cough* WESLEY SNIPES*cough*

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't get my hopes up. We been hearing about the DBZ movie 4 how many years now and they just made a trailer. A very unimpressive one at that. Piccolo isnt even green for crying out loud.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Newbie Meson is off to a good start
    Thanks

I am going to take a wait and see attitude about this. There are about 84 comics with movies in the works, including manga. A lot of things can happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast