+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Akira

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

Akira

Akira

Akira, everyone I know loves it but I havnt seen it And I dont know if i should
    What do you think about akira

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Akira

Quote Originally Posted by kurapika View Post
    Akira

I think you should read the manga. While the anime is stellar, the manga is simply one of the best EVER. It blew me away completely. To a point even that it became hard for me to ever return to Western material.

Newbie TheZorch is off to a good start TheZorch's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Akira

Quote Originally Posted by kurapika View Post
    Akira

If you do watch the anime, which I highly recommend, I also recommend that you make sure the version of the dub is the latest. There was a dub done in the early 90's and one that was done after 2001. The one that was redone after 2001 has better quality voice acting, dialogue which is more in-line with the original Japanese dialogue, and the video has been remastered (it seemed like it was to me) to clean it up. When looking find the one with the role of Kaneda is played by Johnny Yong Bosch and publisher is Pioneer (before they became Geneon) and not Streamline Pictures. You'll understand the point of the storyline with the Pioneer version while the Streamline Pictures version is very vague and often confusing.
    Final Fantasy XI Info
    Katsuhito - Male Hume Beastmaster/White Mage
    Rank 5 Citizen of Bastok
    Server - Asura

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheZorch View Post
    If you do watch the anime, which I highly recommend, I also recommend that you make sure the version of the dub is the latest. There was a dub done in the early 90's and one that was done after 2001. The one that was redone after 2001 has better quality voice acting, dialogue which is more in-line with the original Japanese dialogue, and the video has been remastered (it seemed like it was to me) to clean it up. When looking find the one with the role of Kaneda is played by Johnny Yong Bosch and publisher is Pioneer (before they became Geneon) and not Streamline Pictures. You'll understand the point of the storyline with the Pioneer version while the Streamline Pictures version is very vague and often confusing.
    Why not just go for the even better subtitled version instead. Unless you can't read of course...

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

the best subtitles hahaha, i reconmand u read the RAW version and learn Japaneses, its actually pretty different..

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

I just watched Akira for the first time yesterday evening. It was well worth the time I took downloading it and watching it lol. Its an amazing movie about the boundaries of mankind. Its is a very great story and it was so well drawn! Take the time out of your life to download it, buy it, or steal it. Whatever you do you need to see it!

What I'm watching Right Now:

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure everyone here will agree when I say Akira is one of the highly recommended anime of all time. Its actually what got me into the world of anime. I also agree with what Hassun said about reading the manga. A lot of people who I know watched it were lost. It can be quite complicated and the manga is much more detailed. To get the full effect read the manga and then watch it.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I think you should read the manga. While the anime is stellar, the manga is simply one of the best EVER. It blew me away completely. To a point even that it became hard for me to ever return to Western material.
    Y'know, it's been years--almost fifteen to be exact--since I watched Akira for the first time and I've NEVER read the manga. I hear good things about it, "one of the best EVER" has got to be a new one in my book.

I'll have to check it out. It's pretty hard to come across these days.

The anime, on the other hand, is one of the best that I've ever seen. I still watch Akira when there is no other good anime to watch on TV or DVD. Such smooth animation, great action and a story that keeps you hooked until the very end. And who can forget the epic name-calling battle?

"Tetsuo!!!" *Fires weapon*

"Kaneida!!" *Fires back*

"Tetsuo!!!!"

It's the best ever!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast