+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Akira Question

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Akira Question

I never read the manga; thus, for my question.

Was the movie lacking in some places? I heard the Manga explains way more. Would someone like to fill me in on this?

What did the Manga have that the Movie did not? I know a lot of you will say go read the Manga, but I really love the Movie. A lot of people say the movie doesn't do justice. I know this, because I was the same way when I read all Gravitation manga's when I was younger. The OVA, nor movie could give me Justice or do.

So if you can explain some things to me, that will help

Was the Manga just better?
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Akira Question

You do realize that the Akira manga is 6 volumes, each about 360 pages each right? its only logical that some things were left out of a movie made from a 2160 page epic condensed down into a 2 hour movie.

Why not just find out for your self: Read it.

Banned shigurai is off to a good start shigurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Akira in its self is the best anime to ever exist, the animation was breath taking from the begining bike sequence to tetsuo's arm sequence. Not one part of this movie can be insulted. For if akira wasnt made your favorite animaters would not of had inspiration. Akira is and will always be in my library of dvds(vhs). The mangas and movies will always be different. I havnt read the manga but i have seen the vhs(the original) version a long time ago.
    You always keep in mind the movie/tv series are never the same as the manga and i mean never. The manga will have a ton of parts that the movie doesnt and I am positive the manga is just as good as the ova. If you read it and like it please send me a review of your opinion I will get the manga eventually as when i like it i will buy it. nice chatn. later

shigurai

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The manga is loads and loads better than the anime film. The story differs quite a bit as well.
    Pretty much the only thing the film has on the manga is that awesome bike. It has a much smaller role in the manga.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Most times the book is better or in this case the manga. Its like Harry Potter you have a 800 page book with 2 hours to pull off. The move never ever comes close to the book, you can just do so much more with the book then you can with the movie. If you want to read the manga though you should beable to get all the Akira Mangas at a Border or Barnes and Noble and if not then go to Ebay or Amazon.

Otaku ToxicShadow is off to a good start ToxicShadow's Avatar
    Thanks

there is also one other thing there i s an older verson of it and it came out some time in the 1980s or 70s butt alll in all they did good
    Hold me Like you held on to life When all fears came alive and entombed me Love me Like you love the sun Scorching the blood in my vampire heart

+ Reply to Thread