+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: American Animation and Japanese Anime

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

American Animation and Japanese Anime

Ok Why Does Any American series of anime come out so much slower then any japanese series? And WHY Are Most American Series of anime not as complete as the japanese version? Japanese Versions have more episodes and come out faster.

SOME ONE TELL ME WHY!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Little negi sensei; Jun 21, 2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: American Anime and Japanese Anime

Hmmm...its probably because that "anime" is almost all FROM Japan. The reason as to why they're released at a much slower rate is probably (or rather is) due to licensing, translations, and editing.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

What about the anime that are mostly american Why do they come out so much slower then. And Whaat about the episode thing. Why are there so many more episodes for japanese anime even when the anime is american. AND DONT SAY CAUSE THERE STILL COMING OUT WITH NEW EPISODES WHEN THE LAST EPISODE WAS MADE IN 2004 OR SUMTHIN LIKE THAT!!!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Little negi sensei View Post
    Ok Why Does Any American series of anime come out so much slower then any japanese series? And WHY Are Most American Series of anime not as complete as the japanese version? Japanese Versions have more episodes and come out faster.

SOME ONE TELL ME WHY!!!!!!!
    It's because Animation in the US is generally considered as 'kiddy fodder' and is not viewed as a serious form of Artistic expression or Entertainment. The only real exceptions to this are social satire series, (e.g. 'The Simpsons'), and pure C.G.I. Movie animation put out by Pixar and The Dreamworks studios... Disney has acknowledged this trend, and has shut down all of its traditional hand-drawn animation studios in the US...

Part of this can be blamed on the backlash against communism that occurred during the late 1940s and 50s, which resulted in the blacklisting of Hollywood directors, and the gutting and self-censorship of the Comic book industry, leaving only the newspaper comic section, and comic book super-heros industry intact...

In Japan, after the end of WWII, the Manga industry established itself as a part of post-war Japanese culture. Today, 60&#37; of all print publications (books, magazines) are in the form of Manga. And Anime is the natural extension of the Manga art form...

Edit: Corrected the Title of this thread, as outside of Japan 'Anime' refers to Animation written and targeted for a Japanese Audience, while series marketed for a US audience are usually revered to as 'Animation' or 'Cartoons'...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Re: American Animation and Japanese Anime

..........ahhhhhhh......ok but if what i understand is correct then there shouldent be any "Sharing" of anime/Animation between japan and the US Right Mr. Headmod Person Sir guy?

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

...OK, I'm starting to get confused on what you're really referring to. Mind to give as an example of such a series?
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

I think one of the reason that anime from Japan is longer is that it has been more main stream longer than anime has been mainstream in the States. I can rember 15 years ago you had to search to find any Japanese animation in any stores. Now a days you can find it almost anywhere. Until anime becomes more widely accepted it will still come out slow and the series will be short.

Newbie AngelMage is off to a good start AngelMage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    ...OK, I'm starting to get confused on what you're really referring to. Mind to give as an example of such a series?
    Yeah,I wander too?...Cause I'm confused now too.:/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast