+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: American Animation and Japanese Anime

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: American Anime and Japanese Anime

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Little negi sensei View Post
    What about the anime that are mostly american Why do they come out so much slower then. And Whaat about the episode thing. Why are there so many more episodes for japanese anime even when the anime is american. AND DONT SAY CAUSE THERE STILL COMING OUT WITH NEW EPISODES WHEN THE LAST EPISODE WAS MADE IN 2004 OR SUMTHIN LIKE THAT!!!!!
    Actually, there are only a limited number of Anime series that are mostly American. The only ones that come to mind is 'Afro Samurai' that was funded by the cable channel Spike TV, and the recent 'Highlander: The Search for Vengeance' movie which had the oversight of the US license holders.

There are a lot of American cartoon series that were made by Japanese Studios. Both 'Batman Beyond', and 'X-Men Revolution' were done by Japanese studios, ordered by US TV Networks. Studio GONZO did the recent 'GI Joe: Sigma 6' series, (which is why the Mecha's look so good...) And this is because so much Anime is already made in Japan, they already have the existing infra-structure and the experience, as well as out-sourcing resource to produce Animation at a lower cost then nearly anywhere else in the world...

And with all the directors supervising American ordered Cartoon production work, there is of course some influence that occurs in Japanese Anime production... Japanese Anime series that show a distinct American influence include the Production I.G. movie 'Dead Leaves', as well as the 'Viewtiful Joe' Anime and console game series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: American Animation and Japanese Anime

Ok Why Does Any American series of anime come out so much slower then any japanese series? And WHY Are Most American Series of anime not as complete as the japanese version? Japanese Versions have more episodes and come out faster.

SOME ONE TELL ME WHY!!!!!!!
    Why does Anime have more episodes and come out faster?

Besides the points raised earlier, think about the principles of "Supply and Demand".

Japanese animation have already made a global impact in entertainment, in fact anime is already one of the leading forms of entertainment not only in Japan but in some countries as well. Try checking the programming of countries like Hongkong, South Korea, the Philippines, et cetera and you'll see what i mean. Now, because of this growing demand inside Japan and all around the globe, the supply grows as well thus leading to more episodes and a quicker pace in releasing 'em.

With that being said, you should also be able to understand that demand becomes one of the factors why anime tends to beat around the bush more than its manga cousin and why it strays away from the manga in terms of pacing, plot, and the other stuff.

Now, because i mentioned manga, the quick release of episodes of some anime series is also dictated by the manga original even if there are a ton of fillers that are slipped in between the original arcs.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

This is what I hate when the americans dubbed the series, the americans usually take time because they usually change the storyline a little and edit the show to fit everyone. They cut out either part or the entire eposide of a series as well. In Naruto they cut out the blood and in Cardcaptor I notice that the series was missing a few episodes
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    This is what I hate when the americans dubbed the series, the americans usually take time because they usually change the storyline a little and edit the show to fit everyone. They cut out either part or the entire eposide of a series as well. In Naruto they cut out the blood and in Cardcaptor I notice that the series was missing a few episodes
    It's not really about the dubbing and the dubbers...and the Americans...Most if not all anime shows aired at certain countries are altered and heavily edited because of censorship, programming laws, the viewing preferences of the country's general populace, and the target audience. Countries have governments and laws to impose and to follow.

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    It's not really about the dubbing and the dubbers...and the Americans...Most if not all anime shows aired at certain countries are altered and heavily edited because of censorship, programming laws, the viewing preferences of the country's general populace, and the target audience. Countries have governments and laws to impose and to follow.
    That not tottally true. It depends on where you get the show from.Do you watch it on tv?Do you watch it online? Do you buy a dvd/tape that has the anime?T.V Is the only time anime is usally censored.Most other things ,Dvds, tapes, online, aren't censored or not nearly as hevily as censored.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    That not tottally true. It depends on where you get the show from.Do you watch it on tv?Do you watch it online? Do you buy a dvd/tape that has the anime?T.V Is the only time anime is usally censored.Most other things ,Dvds, tapes, online, aren't censored or not nearly as hevily as censored.
    This depends on what you mean by 'censored'. Japan itself has broadcast standards that the Japanese TV networks and broadcast stations have to adhere to. (And the excessive violent and/or sexy Anime series, such as 'Hellsing Ultimate', get around this by limiting themselves to premium satellite/cable channels that are exempt from the broadcast standards, or distribute as a OVA production...) In fact, one of the current practices (that is gaining in popularity...) to encourage DVD sales is to come out with 'enhanced' DVD versions of the episodes that would be in violation of the broadcast standards. As an example, the hot pool spa scenes of 'Girls Bravo' was known for excessive steam and fogging in the original TV broadcast version. The DVD release had this considerably reduced. And some US releases (such as 'Gun X Sword', and 'Dessert Punk') include in their extras some of the original TV broadcast episodes for your amusement...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

well maybe because these 2 countrys are different in every aspects LOL besides anime is taking places in everywhere!

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    But in doing so, either most or the best parts of a show is edited or cut out. For naruto, it was showing in my country, Ausrtalia on tv, the blood stuff was cut out of the show and when i got a few episode from a website, it has blood in it and it was show on cartoon network, i would prefer the uncut version better than the cut version for anime
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast