Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: american anime

Otaku N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: american anime

well those kind of ppl are in denial

thank u SasuraiHell
    go -=NOOBZ=- clan!

Newbie cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PartOfTheDEAD View Post
    i would also like that but then i wouldn't be able to see it what i hate is americans copying it!! eck..and saying it their own that makes me mad grrrrrr
    i agree... thats also one of the things that i hate the most.... its kinda unfair in the japanese animators' part.... i dont really care if japanese got their inspiration from americans..... i just think americans should stop trying to follow japanese because japanese poeple dont actually try to follow americans....
    Last edited by cloud_902; Aug 12, 2006 at 06:18 PM.

Newbie ROCKANIME2007 may be famous one day ROCKANIME2007 may be famous one day ROCKANIME2007's Avatar
    Thanks

i would only watch japanese anime really you can choose to watch american anime but don't you have a huge choice between the two

thats what i think

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horrorfact View Post
    why cant these creators just stick with the other fun but yet childish stuff
    like : Courage the cowardly dog,Cow and chicken,simpsons,family guy,you know where i am going with this
    any ways they dont even have to copy they are already doing good with:NOIR,X-men,well i dont about spider man etc.i think this thread is boring but i had to know if someone was with me...and plus that guy that is always proving you wrong...i forgot his name ,well he doesnt beleive anything i say,as well as others.
    First: Family Guy? Not childish. That's one "freaking sweet" show.
    Second: X-Men and Spiderman rock, but that has nothing to do with where either of them were made, country-wise.

Third: Have you ever seen Avatar: the Last Airbender? That show is American, yet most of its aspects are supremely influenced by anime, and yet that's one of the best animated shows to come out of America in a long time, IMO.

Fourth: I can't believe you're saying "cartoons should all stay in their own countries" or whatever. Let's look back, shall we? Winx Club: fairly popular, made in Italy; Code Lyoko: also well liked, made in France. Also, did you know that the original "big eyes" design was taken from Disney art? So really, if you're looking to blame the anime craze in the US on anyone, you should blame the US for starting the "big eyes" style.

Fifth: Have you seen Avatar: The Last Airbender?
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135 View Post
    A friend of mine goes to another forum where someone said "If you're not __ you shouldn't make anime/manga/story about a __ person living in that native country" Do people agree with this also? :curious:
    Pfft, who ever made that comment, he/she was lucky I wasn't there. Did your friend told you that user's reason(s) for saying such moronic comment?

In terms of quality, Western animation is a lot better. More frames means smoother motion. A lot of anime, usually low budget one is like watching a slide show.

You see, it really depends how you view anime. Anime just as Japanese cartoons (shouldn't be called "anime" if its not produced in Japan and should be exclusively for Japanese audience, maybe), or anime as a genre/style. Yes it could be both, but some just can't see that anime have become more of a style/genre in the animation world.

I wouldn't say they copy, American animators ain't the only ones using this kind of style. It is because anime have become so popular - we anime fans should be happy - using this kind of style into their cartoons is chance to gain profit using this new medium. Its always about money (because they are getting kill by anime). Combining two different kinds of cartoon style together could be interesting.

Im probably this open minded, because Im a semi artist myself and an art form should not be limited because of race, culture or religion or whatever the hell you can think of. So don't be such a tight ass.
    Last edited by ZeRoGravity; Aug 13, 2006 at 08:57 PM.

Newbie cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
    Pfft, who ever made that comment, he/she was lucky I wasn't there. Did your friend told you that user's reason(s) for saying such moronic comment?

In terms of quality, Western animation is a lot better. More frames means smoother motion. A lot of anime, usually low budget one is like watching a slide show.

You see, it really depends how you view anime. Anime just as Japanese cartoons (shouldn't be called "anime" if its not produced in Japan and should be exclusively for Japanese audience, maybe), or anime as a genre/style. Yes it could be both, but some just can't see that anime have become more of a style/genre in the animation world.

I wouldn't say they copy, American animators ain't the only ones using this kind of style. It is because anime have become so popular - we anime fans should be happy - using this kind of style into their cartoons is chance to gain profit using this new medium. Its always about money (because they are getting kill by anime). Combining two different kinds of cartoon style together could be interesting.

Im probably this open minded, because Im a semi artist myself and an art form should not be limited because of race, culture or religion or whatever the hell you can think of. So don't be such a tight ass.
    you do have a point.... i guess......

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

I noticed the Boondocks hasn't been mentioned yet as one of those Non-Japanese 'anime' comics/shows. What do you peeps think about that (artstyle, not the content ^^0)?

I like both - the colors are sharp and noticable and the style is pretty nice in the show while the comic doesn't seem 'entirely' anime-style.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity
    The person had asked the webcomic's artist why she was writing a story about Japanese girls when she wasn't Japanese and that the story just didn't feel 'authentic' because of so ^^;

I'm glad so many people are open-minded ^^ In my art class last year I remember this girl at my table said anime should be restricted to Asian people in general only and it was kind of depressing when like 3/4 of the table agreed o_O
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance's Avatar
    Thanks

i think animes should stay with the asian companies but they should be shipepd for all to view

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast