Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: american anime

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: american anime

Big O was an American made anime. Older stuff like Robotech and many others after it were co-produced in America.

(Most dubs of Japanese cartoons are decent and there's tons of really great dubs. Sadly, most of us don't understand enough Japanese to know where there is bad subs and Japanese voice actors, because there are a lot of bad ones.)

Both countries take ideas and culture like stuff from each other, get over it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Huh??? Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Laharl ex View Post
    Big O was an American made anime. Older stuff like Robotech and many others after it were co-produced in America.
    Actually the 'Big O' was produced by Sunrise Studio of Japan. The second season may have been partially funded by the Cartoon Network, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a Japanese production... While Robotech is the Frankinstien merging of three different anime series, 'Macross', 'Mospeada' and 'Southern Cross', which was done after the Japanese series were complete. (The fact that there is no Japanese sound track for Robotech is further proof...)

Bandai Channel Big O Website (Japanese)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic's Avatar
    Thanks

i think there should be americans making anime that way there could be more anime series and they'll be diferent but maybe they'll be good

Newbie Kiyoshi Ryuu may be famous one day Kiyoshi Ryuu may be famous one day Kiyoshi Ryuu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horrorfact View Post
    I hope that someone is with me on this
    i preferebly want anime to stay in asia and thats it
    i really get mad people are such copiers and it just burns me that
    there going to start my sister
    just cant wait for this new generation[well as i call it]
    and why would they are trying to make it here in america
    i have never seen american anime
    hell,i dont even think it is called anime
    why cant these creators just stick with the other fun but yet childish stuff
    like : Courage the cowardly dog,Cow and chicken,simpsons,family guy,you know where i am going with this
    any ways they dont even have to copy they are already doing good with:NOIR,X-men,well i dont about spider man etc.i think this thread is boring but i had to know if someone was with me...and plus that guy that is always proving you wrong...i forgot his name ,well he doesnt beleive anything i say,as well as others.
    See, this is why I'm gonna move to Japan to create my anime series. And I'm gonna do it, despite any f***ing protests. If we Americans can draw anime, then we can, and we'll go far with it!

Otaku Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality's Avatar
    Thanks

^ I agree with you man =)

isn't anime influneced from walt diseney and some american cartoons origionally anyway? I mean that already makes at least partially american. Besides i think it would be cool to work on an anime series and i'm american............

My first self-made sig.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

We're not copying anything. We're continuing to create new, as we call it, "cartoons". We're taking in influences, but were not trying to be anyone else. Whoever said this is seriosly retarded.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Newbie Skurei may be famous one day Skurei may be famous one day
    Thanks

There are quite a few Americans that are established Anime/Manga artists in Japan, but if you're going to get into "Americans should stop trying to copy Japanese artists." then you have to learn the facts, do a search on the first manga artists and read what it says. If it weren't for the American artists and their influence, manga and anime wouldn't be what it is today. Japanese artists were taught by Americans on how to animate. Anime, is after all, from the word Animation, but I see what you're getting at. I happen to think the "How to Draw Manga." books are poorly done.

Also think about the broad scope of Anime, Japan isnt the only country that produces it. There are a number of Korean artists in Japan, and a few series owes it's production to Korea, same with Thailand. If you think about it "Anime" belongs to the whole world, not just Japan, the only reason you associate Anime with Japan is because most, not all, is produced there, and they don't call them cartoons.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9