+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Angelic Layer

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Angelic Layer

The primary protagonist of Angelic Layer is Misaki Suzuhara, a seventh grader who just moved to Tokyo to live with her aunt, Shouko Asami. After arriving in the city, she watches the battle doll Athena on a big screen television outside of Tokyo Station and becomes interested in learning about Angelic Layer, a highly popular game in which players (called Deus) buy and custom-design dolls known as Angels. Angels can move by mental control when on a field called the "layer." Layers are very expensive; most users rent them by the hour in establishments resembling cybercafes.

An eccentric man wearing a white lab coat and glasses, calling himself "Icchan" (いっちゃん), encourages Misaki to purchase and create her own angel. She names the angel Hikaru, after Hikaru Shidō from Clamp's Magic Knight Rayearth (a manga in Angelic Layer's world), which she was reading on the train to Tokyo, because she wants the angel to be "a short girl, but strong and happy" like Hikaru and herself. In the anime, Misaki names her Hikaru after her favorite doll from her childhood. Even though she's clueless about the game, Misaki soon competes in tournaments and is assisted and watched carefully by Icchan. Later, Icchan's identity is revealed as Ichiro Mihara, the co-creator of Angelic Layer.

Angelic Layer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I learned after watching the entire series that there's nothing like a story about a girl and her doll. LOL. For only being about 26 episodes long, it's REALLY good--at least in my own opinion. Despite the girly overtone, it's got a decent amount of action and the Angels are all interesting. I really like the idea of being able to control dolls/action figures with your mind and I especially enjoyed watching a love triangle
     click to show spoiler
    unfold.

Also, there was the whole missing parent ordeal, which really hit home to me--having grown up without one of the two and meeting him WAY later in life. All in all, I love all that is Angelic Layer. I honestly have no complaints with this series. It was comedic, dramatic and had action wrapped up in a convenient ball of ani-goodness.

Has anyone else seen this series? If so, what did you think of it? Who's your favorite Deus/Angel, or who is your overall favorite character? I never really cared for the other Deuses, except for maybe Misaki (only because she's the one who you really get to know the most). My favorite angel would have to be Hikaru, soley because I like the meaning behind the name. That and Misaki was capable of emulating other Angel's moves through Hikaru. Icchan is definitely my favorite character--no doubt about it. He's absolutely hilarious!! He's cool and kind one minute, then he becomes this creepy mad-scientist with a pension for punishing others in the most weird ways. ^_^

What about you?

*Angelic Fight!!!*

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Angelic Layer

well, well i thought i was the only one here who watched that series. the series is a tad girlish, but then again it was intended for the younger female audiance. The series was created by CLAMP so we know the series is good. I became interested in the anime when i saw a copy of the manga on the local library shelf. I like it, although it was a bit light for my taste, but that was the intention, right? As for my fav. character/ angel/ deus i would have to agree with you.

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Angelic Layer

Quote Originally Posted by kaki tori kaizoku View Post
    The series was created by CLAMP so we know the series is good.
    Agreed. That's what really got my attention when I was considering whether or not to watch Angelic Layer. All I saw was the word "CLAMP" and I thought to myself, "Sold!!" CLAMP has got to be one of my favorite production groups. I have no complaints about any of their work, including 'Wish', which was pretty girly as well.

+ Reply to Thread