+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anime

Newbie Anime Crazy08 is off to a good start Anime Crazy08's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down anime

there are new anime artist out there and they are trying to change the way anime is looked at.
    ok, i know i did not elaberate enough so let me tell you. the new anime artist are changing the way anime is looked at because they are trying to change the diffrent veryaitons of anime. like changing naruto into a dancing girl in the balay. so give me a comment on how you like that!
    Last edited by Anime Crazy08; Aug 28, 2008 at 08:53 AM.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: anime

OK...

Care to elaborate a bit more. I'm not sure what you're wanting to talk about here. Wouldn't mind a link to what your talking about...

Just a friendly reminder before the Mods notice & do stuff you might not like...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LordCastigator For This Useful Post:

Anime Crazy08 (Aug 28, 2008)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Anime Crazy08 View Post
    there are new anime artist out there and they are trying to change the way anime is looked at.
    Actually there are new Anime/Manga artist in Japan all the time. But only a small number of them actually see any success. (As an example, the artist team which goes by the name of CLAMP, which first got it's start in the late 1980s as a High School Doujinshi circle producing hentai amateur manga)

You should watch some of the Anime series that cover the Doujinshi circuit (such as Comic Party, and Genshiken) just to find out what it takes to become a professional artist in Japan...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually there are new Anime/Manga artist in Japan all the time. But only a small number of them actually see any success. (As an example, the artist team which goes by the name of CLAMP, which first got it's start in the late 1980s as a High School Doujinshi circle producing hentai amateur manga)

You should watch some of the Anime series that cover the Doujinshi circuit (such as Comic Party, and Genshiken) just to find out what it takes to become a professional artist in Japan...
    I have a question pertaining to that oh great otaku
    what about if ur an American, and you want to become a manga artist? isn't it twice as hard? because that's what i want to do. I mean I'm going to great lengths just to do this, although if its hard or not I'm still going through with it, i'd just like to know what you have to say about it.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jokerman For This Useful Post:

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    I have a question pertaining to that oh great otaku
    what about if ur an American, and you want to become a manga artist? isn't it twice as hard? because that's what i want to do. I mean I'm going to great lengths just to do this, although if its hard or not I'm still going through with it, i'd just like to know what you have to say about it.
    You have a much better chance of becoming a successful Comic Book Artist then becoming a successful Manga Artist. Manga by definition is targed for a Japanese audience. Once you become fluent in the nuances of the written Japanese languague, as well as become familiar with its history and contemporary culture, (which will takes years to possibly a decade or more) then this would be the starting point to try to enter the amateur doujinshi market, where you can attempt to earn a reputation. Otherwise, without these qualifications, Japanese publishers have tens of thousands of native doujinshi drawers to choose from who already meet these qualifications...

But as a American Comic Book writer, you can immediately start working hard to earn your reputation. And if your very good, and draw a unique product, then maybe, just maybe, you might draw the attention of a Japanese Publisher.... (A translated 'Megatokyo' is now being published by Kodansha in Japan. This is the only web comic that I've heard of that has accomplished this...)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Anime Crazy08 (Aug 28, 2008), Jokerman (Aug 15, 2008)

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

You have a much better chance of becoming a successful Comic Book Artist then becoming a successful Manga Artist. Manga by definition is targed for a Japanese audience. Once you become fluent in the nuances of the written Japanese languague, as well as become familiar with its history and contemporary culture, (which will takes years to possibly a decade or more) then this would be the starting point to try to enter the amateur doujinshi market, where you can attempt to earn a reputation. Otherwise, without these qualifications, Japanese publishers have tens of thousands of native doujinshi drawers to choose from who already meet these qualifications...

But as a American Comic Book writer, you can immediately start working hard to earn your reputation. And if your very good, and draw a unique product, then maybe, just maybe, you might draw the attention of a Japanese Publisher.... (A translated 'Megatokyo' is now being published by Kodansha in Japan. This is the only web comic that I've heard of that has accomplished this...)
    So then in a sense that means that I would have to focus more so on drawing in an American type of art or can I still keep it in the form of Manga? Do you know of any other Comic Book artists that were American and had their comic noticed by a Japanese publisher and made into a manga? just so i can use what they did as a reference? I appreciate your help kind one

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    So then in a sense that means that I would have to focus more so on drawing in an American type of art or can I still keep it in the form of Manga? Do you know of any other Comic Book artists that were American and had their comic noticed by a Japanese publisher and made into a manga? just so i can use what they did as a reference? I appreciate your help kind one
    As I said before, 'Megatokyo' is the only American doujinshi style publication that I know of being published in Japan. Though no doubt other large American Media companies with a large presence in Japan (e.g. Disney, Warner Brothers) are publishing their own works there as well...

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Gaijin Mangaka? Possible but highly unlikely. There are tons of "capable nobodies" in Japan alone, how can somebody who lives in a foreign land make it through? Merely and immediately doing the "write-a-comic-and-look-for-publishers" thingie doesn't guarantee you much of a chance. Just like what Len said, it takes years to be familiarized with the Japanese whatnots and all the other aesthetic stuff about anime and manga. That being said, a way to heighten your chances in to attend and study in Japanese art schools especially those which focuses on the manga/anime field. But then again, tons of people are doing this but lady luck hasn't smiled upon them yet.

There are a couple of companies that produce non-Japanese manga, for some fans these companies are merely wannabes but for aspiring non-Japanese artists these companies could be their stairway to success.

If you want to work in the anime/manga field in Japan that badly, one of the best and possible things to do is work on outsourcing companies. Anime is bigger than manga in a global scale, because of this the companies' need for a much bigger workforce is growing. Anime companies have begun outsourcing for foreign talents, even a big shot like Toei has started to do this. By working as a foreign talent you have a slightly better chance to get noticed.

Japan has also begun to credit foreign mangakas, awarding them and giving them opportunities to take a step closer to their dreams so don't kill yours just yet. But don't expect too much about it, it's rather unhealthy to do so. It all boils down to how capable you are and how lucky you are.

Read This
    and This
    This Too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast