Closed Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime on Adult Swim

Newbie Barcode may be famous one day Barcode may be famous one day Barcode's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime on Adult Swim

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Lets see...some of the animes that [AS] used to air or still air...

Yu Yu Hakusho, Case Closed, Lupin the 3rd, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam 0083, Gundam 0080, Inuyasha, Pilot Candidate, FLCL, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, Eureka 7, Trinity Blood, Tenchi Muyo!!, Wolf's Rain and BLEACH.

Thats all I can remember for now. I personally wish that they bring back Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and the Gundam series. Plus I wish that they'd get rid of the crap like Moral Oral, Tim & Eric, and Saul and bring in MORE anime...maybe like Gungrave and stuff like that.

I liked FLCL too but its short, they'd have to re-run the series every week. LOL
    I agree they do need to get rid of Moral Oral, Tim & Eric, and Saul and give the ultimate anime line up. Yu Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, Eureka 7, Trinity Blood, Tenchi Muyo, Wolf's Rain, BLEACH, Blood+, and SAIYUKI RELOAD(Having new shows on the line up don't hurt having either).

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I watch saiyuki reload on encore, it seems like it would be a good AS show. Good, not great, mwahahahah. Anyways, I'm tired of them still having an hour of comedy on saturdays. Move the oblongs and the boondocks to sunday and have more action time baby. But, that would depend on if enough action fans watch an all action night, cause they tried and it failed before.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah the scedual is prey f up. Like this past weekend I wanted to watch Trinity blood and they replaced it wwith the Boondocks. I was like Wat the hell just happend. They should have replaced futerama not trinity Blood. and pluss I hat eht eboondocks soo that made me even mor epist. But yeah I was wondering when thay were showing the re runs for Inuyasha and like every week I wanted to watch they changed the scedual. I really think they need to think about when there goignt o air the shows and not change it unless the series ends.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

trinity blood was over though, and they replaced it with blood+. There was always an hour of comedy on saturdays for awhile, so yeah. I didn't like trinity bloods ending, but at least we get blood+ now........and I love that series.
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    trinity blood was over though, and they replaced it with blood+. There was always an hour of comedy on saturdays for awhile, so yeah. I didn't like trinity bloods ending, but at least we get blood+ now........and I love that series.
    Dear Japan,

Please stop making anime that involve the word "blood" in the title.

I may be forced to retaliate if you keep this up.

Affectionately,
    -OP

I don't know, a lot of people are talking about how they wish they took other shows off AS, but you can't forgot that there are viewers that are (presumably) our age who don't want to watch anime. Granted, I'm not a fan of The Squidbillies, but I like a little off the cuff comedy like Aqua Teens or Futurama.

There is life outside of Japan. : P

Thanks

Life outside of japan!? When did that happen................

Also, blood+ is ok for the title because it is adapted from blood: the last vampire. So, you can't complain on that one at least, .

Newbie punishmyliver is off to a good start punishmyliver's Avatar
    Thanks

personally i think it doesn't matter what they call it, whats wrong with calling it blood, in japan they are very into blood types just like were into signs they even have blood type chewing gum and even talk about it on the news (if you have this blood type your day will be shinny and bright etc.) lol and vampire animes bring in a lot of new fan's bring them on i say
    Last edited by punishmyliver; Mar 18, 2007 at 12:10 PM.

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punishmyliver View Post
    personally i think it doesn't matter what they call it, whats wrong with calling it blood, in japan they are very into blood types just like were into signs they even have blood type chewing gum and even talk about it on the news (if you have this blood type your day will be shinny and bright etc.) lol and vampire animes bring in a lot of new fan's bring them on i say

I suppose that's just another facet of Japanese pop weirdo culture that I don't understand, up there with underwear dispensing vending machines.

And the argument behind "vampire anime" is largely the same argument behind Adult Swim in general. A lot of people like vampire anime, as a lot of people like Adult swim, but as elitist anime fans look down on people who don't browse past adult swim, a lot of people view the plethora of shows about out night dwelling friends as a sign to a pandering to a gothy, scene-driven sub-culture, rather than to a different fanbase.

As I don't like the people who watch nothing but adult swim, I am also not particularly a fan of people whose only anime knoweldge is Hellsing, Trinity Blood, Blood+, Blood the Last Vampire, and Chibi Vampire. It's a question of ignorance. Sure, Hellsing Ultimate is pretty solid, and Vampire Hunter D is classic, but if you think that Trinity Blood is "OMG TEH BEST SHO EVA", then I'm not going to listen to you, since your viewing bias is pretty obvious: you like vampires, and you don't like anything else.

As far as titles go, one word in the titles of several shows really bothers me. Even just with translation of names, notable example being Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Alchemist, I feel like there just isn't enough brain power somewhere to come up with a unique name. This harkens back to, in some cases, that the Japanese just love the sound of particular English words, and tend to just incorporate them into anything, (another example being how many anime openings and closings feature Engrish).

I mean, I may sound bitter, but I do appreciate Adult Swim, as it does feature some really solid titles, but it is a gateway, not an IV. Go out and buy a DVD or two to support the anime cause. Try something new from the same director as a show you loved, or buy something for posterity, but you can't just say you want the anime lineup to stay the same for years like other networks do. It just isn't practical, nor true to its purpose.

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast