Closed Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime on Adult Swim

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime on Adult Swim

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    I admired that [AS] has worked hard to create their own original shows, and thats good. I enjoy Aquateen Hunger Force on occasions. ^^

But the rest leaves me to question them...a LOT. XP

I'm glad that they've taken on airing BLEACH, Eureka 7, and Trinity Blood, and also next month they're bringing in Blood+. But some of their other recent choices fail to catch my interest in them...

sure they make there own original shows but they probile are done by stoners for stoners so i dont get there point in making crapy shows,do some qaulty shows for once and maybe the ratings will go up
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad that [AS] has recently started re-airing Ghost in the Shell:SAC on regular weeknights. I just wished that they'd take Moral Oral off the line-up of the nights. Why not 2 episodes of Aqua Teen than just one ep. of it then Moral Oral?

...or take both off and air Samurai Champloo or repeats of BLEACH, Eureka 7, or Trinity Blood for ppl thats just joining in to watching [AS]!? LOL
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Newbie wingzero_ac19x may be famous one day wingzero_ac19x may be famous one day wingzero_ac19x's Avatar
    Thanks

It is obvious that Adult Swim is trying to spread their creative ability and see what catches on with the public. But lets face it, anime has given them a lot of ratings and was what really got them started, I cannot see them just getting rid of anime to show just their creations. It not only wouldn't make sense, they would immediately lose a lot of their fan base. To be honest, I feel that if they want Adult swim to be comedy stuff only, then they should split off and have an Anime only block, maybe Tuesdays and Thursdays, it would be shown instead of the normal Adult swim. It seems they have experimented with this a little in the past with their lineup focusing on Anime or comedy on certain days, but they always change it out really quickly. They need to set something solid and go with it. Though that would cut into Toonami's popularity, it would be good to see more grown up anime than what Toonami can show in their lineup.

The flames of darkness burn eternal...a rage thats neverending...I stand alone. A demon unleashed..

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Another show that I remebered over the weekend that [AS] used to air...

"Shin-chan" (original title - Crayon Shin-chan)

[AS] really butchered this show. It was originally a comedy show for all ages and they had to go and make into something like an anime version of South Park....ok, maybe thats saying too much for it. LOL

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hmm..I don't remember that one, shinku-chan. I do remember case closed. And I really got into it. But they (as all the other ones) removed from AS. I don't think they're going to bring much of the old stuff back, however they did bring back Big O, I believe it's called. So that could give us hope.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Another show that I remebered over the weekend that [AS] used to air...

"Shin-chan" (original title - Crayon Shin-chan)

[AS] really butchered this show. It was originally a comedy show for all ages and they had to go and make into something like an anime version of South Park....ok, maybe thats saying too much for it. LOL
    Like a Zombie raising from the grave, the Adult Swim dub of 'Shin-chan' is not dead, and is coming back...

Toon Zone - Your Source for Toon News!

Shin chan: Official FUNimation website
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Hmm..I don't remember that one, shinku-chan. I do remember case closed. And I really got into it. But they (as all the other ones) removed from AS. I don't think they're going to bring much of the old stuff back, however they did bring back Big O, I believe it's called. So that could give us hope.
    Well I'm not surprised, Shin-chan probably lasted for a week or two before it was removed.

Case Closed (Original title - Meitantei Conan) should've stayed on air, its actually one of the longer running series in Japan (I dont know if its still going but...). I personally really enjoyed it. Although you cant really try and sovle things yoruself by watchinig it but the anticipitation makes it good. Especially further into the series there are characters from other series of Conan's creator - Aoyoma Gosho (Thats what I think his name was).

Kaitou Kid (I dont know whay they call him here, I didnt watch the [AS] version too much so) was one of his favorite characters. ^^ I dont know if they refered to it in the TV series but Yaiba was another char. from another of his series. His name is used on "Kamen Yaibaa" (they stretched out the name and dont know what they called him in the US version) which is that super hero show that the kids watch in the series.

...and not really related to the anime itself but sometime ago Aoyama Goshou sensei got married to Takayama Minami - voice actress of Conan and the vocal of Two-Mix which did a couple of Conan's theme songs and as well as both of Gundam Wing's OP and the ED in the movie.

@Len: You gotta be kidding...(T3T)

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

The voice of Conan comes from a woman? wow...I had no idea. I agree, it should have stayed on AS. It was really good and had a good plot to it. Not like it was there just to waste time. Not like Bobobobobobobobobobobo. That anime was rediculous. That deserved to be put out. But all the other ones were golden. Wolf's Rain, Case Closed, Cowboy Bebop..Even though that one finished, they should bring it back. If they can bring back Inuyasha..They can bring back CB.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast