+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime or Anime-Inspired?

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime or Anime-Inspired?

I'm doing a speech in my SPC 102 class about anime and manga, their popularity and spread in America. I wanted to touch on anime-inspired cartoons, so I wanted to know if the following shows were anime or anime-inspired:

Code Lyoko
    Xiaolin Showdown
    Teen Titans

--- That's it. I don't want to state the wrong information in my speech .^_^.

Thanks for your help!

Newbie dark anime prince may be famous one day dark anime prince may be famous one day dark anime prince's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime or Anime-Inspired?

I don't have an answer to your question, but even if you do provide the wrong information in your speech, who's gonna know? Desperate times call for desperate measures, so it's either change the topic of your speech if you can't find the right answers, or make them up. Alternatively, you could do a search for the makers of those cartoons and see if they were interested in anime, and hence if their work was influenced by anime.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, considering that the word Anime itself is supposed to mean animation, I'd assume that anything that's composed of animation could be considered anime.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime is a term that is slowly losing its true meaning recently - A Cartoon-like show originating from Japan. That is what Anime is supposed to mean, but with so much anime-inspired shows these days such as Avatar: The Last Airbender, the term seems to have lost some of it luster.

For those anime, I'd have to say they are anime inspired going by the true meaning of Anime.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

I know no one ever talks about this show because it is considered a 80's cartoon, but what about Robotech, Harmony Gold was the company that made that show and had the animation produced in Japan to be used for American television, it is not like Voltron which was edited and reconstructed from an actual existing Japanese anime title, which were both totally different for each other. So I think Robotech would be considered Anime-Inspired because it was American just that it looked like a Anime because it was made in Japan.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfGames View Post
    I'm doing a speech in my SPC 102 class about anime and manga, their popularity and spread in America. I wanted to touch on anime-inspired cartoons, so I wanted to know if the following shows were anime or anime-inspired:

Code Lyoko
    Xiaolin Showdown
    Teen Titans

--- That's it. I don't want to state the wrong information in my speech .^_^.

Thanks for your help!
    Now this depends on which definition of Anime you're referring too... In Japan, 'Anime' is just the shortened form of he English Word 'Animation', pronounced and written to fit the local phonetic alphabet...

Among serious Otaku fans in the US, the term 'Anime' refers to Animation produced and targeted for a Japanese audience, (which rules out all three cartoons, which are written for a US audience)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, I didn't think I would get this much of...vagueness .>_<. I thought everyone would know what I meant. Guess not.

When I say 'anime', I think Japanese animation - like it was originally recorded in Japanese, among other things (I guess that's in the vein of what Len said.)

So the shows I mentioned are anime-inspired, then. Right?

*keep Grumbling Len*

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

If im right I heard Code lyoko is from france. So thats definitely not anime.
    I've never thought of Shaolin Showdown or teen titans as anything close to anime. Robin is a DC character which is obviously not Japanese. But mainly because anime (at least the series I watch) usually progresses from episode to episode. In most cases 4 Shaolin showdown and Teen Titans the previous episode has no effect on the next one.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast