Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime or Cartoons?

Newbie teardrops may be famous one day teardrops may be famous one day teardrops's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime or Cartoons?

I don't know,its not a cartoon cartoon, but most people consider it that. To me its more of a japanese art. Whenever someone thinks of anime they dont think of Bugs Bunny and such, they think of the certain way that anime is drawn that makes it stereotyped as japanese art. So really, to put it simply it all depends on your backround knowledge and what you usually see it as.
    Pain is just a state of mind. So get over it.

Newbie kmaster may be famous one day kmaster may be famous one day kmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe it we should just call everything animation.
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    maybe we should just call it animation.
    Last edited by kmaster; Apr 17, 2006 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage
    hmmmm....technically cartoon is animation but I don't like to call it anime cuz itz not good enough dood. "Anime" is the highest ranking in any type of animation (in my personl opinion).
    I agree
    ...wasn't a post like this already started....???
    well anyways what I think is that anime isn't a cartoon... neither japanese(although animation did start in japan) nor american etc.
    if you look at a cartoon see the art the way its drawn etc.
    anime is so much better in everything really
    cartoons-for children(and some adults who like them)cheap drawings(not alot of detail)mostly with animals or talking animals no real story line, etc.(Theres ALOT people!!!!)
    anime-good detailed drawings,real meaningfull story lines/plots
    ALL AROUND BETTER
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

Newbie kmaster may be famous one day kmaster may be famous one day kmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

but like people say anime is for adults but most are kids watching it

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper66
    well anyways what I think is that anime isn't a cartoon... neither japanese(although animation did start in japan) nor american etc.
    if you look at a cartoon see the art the way its drawn etc.
    anime is so much better in everything really
    cartoons-for children(and some adults who like them)cheap drawings(not alot of detail)mostly with animals or talking animals no real story line, etc.(Theres ALOT people!!!!)
    anime-good detailed drawings,real meaningfull story lines/plots
    ALL AROUND BETTER
    That's not always true. There are good animated American cartoons and ones with deep story lines. Like I said, anime is meant mostly for kids in Japan. It's kid stuff. So, I don't argee with your post. I don't see how you can use that to say that it's not cartoons.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Even though cartoons and anime use animation, the difference is in the style, content, and story.So in my opinion, they are different.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Newbie LostDemon102 may be famous one day LostDemon102 may be famous one day LostDemon102's Avatar
    I'm from the Philippines. It's a country in South East Asia, just like Japan. ^^
    Thanks

Anime shows are Japanese cartoons. So it could be a cartoon. But cartoons, the ones we originally know from when we were around three years old or sometime there, are really the Western ones. And I have to agree a bit with Innerhell. He said a cartoon is nothing more than "kid's stuff" (his exact words X3).

True. Western cartoons are able to get children's attention. And anime, the way I see it, can also attract young kids' liking, though there also some anime that aren't meant to be for kids such as those of yaoi and yuri. Anime, too, as Innerhell also said, can make a person feel for one character or more and understand his/her/their feelings which I have to agree on, as well.

And Joe Mage said that the differences are the style, content and story. I also have to agree.

But then anime is also cartoon, both being animated, only, they, anime, are the Japanese cartoons, not Western. And there are other differences, those I've just said, and I wouldn't feel like typing them again.

Well, that's what I think. Hopefully, you may understand it and see things like I do. And I'm not saying it in a vain way. ^^;

And if you think I just sounded so mature, I'm not. I'm younger than you think I am, if you judged by the way I sounded just earlier...
    Last edited by LostDemon102; Apr 19, 2006 at 08:56 PM.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime is Japanese Animation. Which is a cartoon but has a different name. But has more adult innuendo. Kinda like our Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. But anime should be a religon! Jk. No but for real it should!

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast