+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime Clothing (Not cosplay-related)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Clothing (Not cosplay-related)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    well sometimes i feel thwey should tone things down. instead of having the whole cast of characters from Death Note, let's just say, why not just have a black shiort with the Old English L?

i think the companies shell out mediocrity because of the money they know they'll make.
    Exactly. A design as simple as that would be enough. Especially if you take Death Note, which has so many fans from both the anime and live action movie that would get the reference, that be a cool shirt.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks
    From where i'm coming from, a lot of stores that sell anime related merchandise already has those L shirts you're talking about...and a lot of people have been getting them.

Maybe you just haven't seen the "decent" stores that sell "decent" stuff yet.

The quantity and quality of such merchandise may also be dictated by how popular and profitable the industry is in the designated area. I mean, there are a lot of other factors to be considered...The companies and the designers aren't always the ones that should be blamed for these kinds of issues.
    Last edited by Hantei16; Jun 27, 2008 at 12:19 AM.

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know I got a cute Fruits Basket shirt from a local movie store and it is pretty good quality. It still looks nice after lots of wears too. I guess there is crappy stuff out there too but I just don't buy it.

I'm just me.

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks

why don't you just make your own t-shirts?! there are many places you and go and get you stuff printed on a shirt depending on your budget you can get it in different materials that are higher quality.

1] it will look just the way you want it.....
    2] no one else will have that shirt!

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks

ok what if i told you guys that i would be able to get shirts made for you guys, the way you guys wanted them....the style that makes you satisfied with the shirt.....would you be interested? what if you designed the shirts....and i got them produced.....would that fit the bill? how much would you pay for your won work of art on a shirt? your idea your style, only as unique as you are. interested gimme a shout i'll see if i can swing something.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    ok what if i told you guys that i would be able to get shirts made for you guys, the way you guys wanted them....the style that makes you satisfied with the shirt.....would you be interested? what if you designed the shirts....and i got them produced.....would that fit the bill? how much would you pay for your won work of art on a shirt? your idea your style, only as unique as you are. interested gimme a shout i'll see if i can swing something.
    It's not a bad idea really, as a matter of fact since you're doing these per request basis you can potentially charge $30 (double a regular anime tshirt). But then how would you handle the copyright and stuff, and are you just going to use the regular iron-ons?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Shingo Kusanagi is off to a good start
    Thanks

I haven't payed to much attention to anime t-shirts but if I get a good look at some of them I'll probably find tons of defects just like in other low quality clothes.

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

The way I see it its a case of buyer beware. As long as people keep buying the poor quailty clothing there is no reason for the companies to put out a better quailty product. You can find some good quality anime clothing out there. What has to happen is for the anime consumers to start being more slective of what they buy. If sales go down they will either improve quality or stop producing anime clothing. At least thats the way I see it and I could be wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast