Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anime club

Otaku N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: anime club

get fresh new stuff and soem of the other stuff they said

thank u SasuraiHell
    go -=NOOBZ=- clan!

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, me and my best friend started the anime club at my highschool a few years back. Here's what I learned in my short time...

1. Watching anime is good. Watch plenty of anime. Try to get togeather on the weekends and have anime days. Don't watch anime every day at school though. You won't get much done as a club and it becomes more of a bunch of friends getting togeather to watch anime.

2. Try to do things like manga contests. Have a contest every once in a while like drawing a short 3-4 page short story. It is fun, competition helps as long as it's friendly, and it helps you learn who in your club can draw and thing up good story ideas. This helps down the road if you want to make things like shirts, or logo's for a web site. Also make little posters to help advertise on the club rally days.

3. Try to make sure you have a president, vise president, treasurer, librarian, and maybe even a rep for advertising and such. This helps out a lot by splitting up the responsibillity. Also, you won't be at the school forever, if you want it to keep going later, do vote ins for pres. and vise pres every year. If you do everything right, you'll get it next year, don't worry. That also helps keep confidence in you with the fellow club members.

4. Try to have donations and fundraisers. This helps build up the club account, though you may already have a budget, and let's you do things like go to a convention every year.

5. Vote on what anime's you want to watch and try to have everybody pitch in. You can buy a whole series and the club can watch it. People can also donate anime to help.

That's all I can think of for now. If I think of some more I'll post it. Those are the main points I wanted to throw out.

Oh and have fun with it. It's an anime club!

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Otaku Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well this is what i would do:

If you know how to use photoshop, i suggest you to make a poster using images.
    Make the club meet once a week, vote on an anime you would specifically observe on. Discuss that anime, watch some anime similar to that.

THEN, that's when i would make the website
    Smileys + Me =

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Legend man. I'd join that club in a second. Ummmmmmmm try to make discusions on new and old anime, screenings of anime every meeting. Maybe you can compare the story lines between a manga and the anime of the manga like Full Metal Alchemist and see whihc story is better

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Otaku N-adiE may be famous one day N-adiE may be famous one day N-adiE's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: anime club

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_timing View Post
    im starting an anime club at my high school and would like some idea's on what to do at meetings. i am a freshmen sadly but im still going to do it!!! my friend sydney and i are going to start the website soon i hope ^_^;. but like i said im kinda new at the whole anime club thing and i would like some help...but im crazy enough about anime to start a club!
    ****JUST BE YOURSELF, AND TRY TO MAKE LOOK COOL AND MOST IMPORTANT "INTERESTING"
    SLAUGHTER THE PIG

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

There was an anime club when I was in high school. It kinda went downhill towards the end of my third year over things that couldn't be helped (new school took 3/4 of our members) but it was fun at times. I'm not sure if you need one for your school but for any club we had there had to be a teacher-sponser. The good thing about it was the teacher was interested in anime and the Japanese culture - the bad thing is we watched the same Miyazaki films over and over for four years -- her choice @_@

So if you do need a sponser, try to find someone who's remotely interested, but not a dictator.

Some other tips:

-Define the motives/goals for your club. Are you just trying to gather anime lovers together to watch/discuss anime? Are you trying to expose new people to it? Do you want to eventually have a group trip to an anime con? Have a film festival? etc

-Decide/discuss the club's higher ups, if there are any. Will you have a standard setup with a President, V. President, Secretary and Treasurer? Or more like a group committee? (if you're unsure you can discuss this at the interest meeting)

-Decide/discuss if money is required. This may be the case if you want to go on trips or hold a public film festival -- those can be mighty expensive.

-Decide/Discuss what kind of line up you'd like and when to show them. If you meet twice a month, and you're meeting time is say, an hour and a half, should you play about three episodes or one movie?

-Pick anime from all kinds of genres, but if you're trying to recruit new people don' get something overly confusing and/or shocking ^.^;

If you have no idea what you want, the next best thing is to ask the club ^_^ After that you could try this little plan... meet twice a month at school (we had first and third weds) and watch episodes.Then have a morning/evening (probably fri/sat/sun) meeting (or even a sleepover party) at someone's house as a special meet and reserve the movies until then. If you want to raise money for T-shirts or film festival you can require a low membership fee and do fundraising. Every so often hold contests and/or discussion days.

Hope my rambles helped a bit ^-^0
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135 View Post
    There was an anime club when I was in high school. It kinda went downhill towards the end of my third year over things that couldn't be helped (new school took 3/4 of our members) but it was fun at times. I'm not sure if you need one for your school but for any club we had there had to be a teacher-sponser. The good thing about it was the teacher was interested in anime and the Japanese culture - the bad thing is we watched the same Miyazaki films over and over for four years -- her choice @_@

So if you do need a sponser, try to find someone who's remotely interested, but not a dictator.

Some other tips:

-Define the motives/goals for your club. Are you just trying to gather anime lovers together to watch/discuss anime? Are you trying to expose new people to it? Do you want to eventually have a group trip to an anime con? Have a film festival? etc

-Decide/discuss the club's higher ups, if there are any. Will you have a standard setup with a President, V. President, Secretary and Treasurer? Or more like a group committee? (if you're unsure you can discuss this at the interest meeting)

-Decide/discuss if money is required. This may be the case if you want to go on trips or hold a public film festival -- those can be mighty expensive.

-Decide/Discuss what kind of line up you'd like and when to show them. If you meet twice a month, and you're meeting time is say, an hour and a half, should you play about three episodes or one movie?

-Pick anime from all kinds of genres, but if you're trying to recruit new people don' get something overly confusing and/or shocking ^.^;

If you have no idea what you want, the next best thing is to ask the club ^_^ After that you could try this little plan... meet twice a month at school (we had first and third weds) and watch episodes.Then have a morning/evening (probably fri/sat/sun) meeting (or even a sleepover party) at someone's house as a special meet and reserve the movies until then. If you want to raise money for T-shirts or film festival you can require a low membership fee and do fundraising. Every so often hold contests and/or discussion days.

Hope my rambles helped a bit ^-^0
    wow *whisels* you reall know what your talking about

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

An anime club huh?

Some ideas:

-Introduce anime to people that doesnt know it by having small screenings or meetings, whatever you find easier.

-Create your own anime and/or manga series or even start your own doujin circle!!

-Choose one anime series and discuss the quality of the series as a group and later sharing the results with everyone.

-COSPLAY!! LOL

....thats all I can come up with right now...^_^;

Good luck!!
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2