+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime Club Recommendations

Otaku shikashu may be famous one day shikashu may be famous one day shikashu's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime Club Recommendations

I was wondering what would be best for an anime club since I'm making my own at my school for the upcoming school year.

AO members, What recommendation or sugestion would you give me to make the club interesting?

I already have the name (ASOS Brigade Anime Club), the rules, some events, and other stuff, but what other things can I Put in it to make it more interesting, for people to join in, and to spread the anime/haruhi-ism culture in my school, so can you give me any sugestions, please.

Arigatou Nao chan for the sig^_^
    warning, dangerous diclonious on the lose!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Club Recommendations

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The following US Anime Distributors still have active Club support programs running...

Anime ADVocates (ADV Films)

Operation Anime: Funimation

And Bandai Entertainment claims that their Anime Addicts support program is due to make a return soon...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku shikashu may be famous one day shikashu may be famous one day shikashu's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, thanks for your help and sugestion LenMiyata-sama.

Otaku Spartan117 may be famous one day Spartan117 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I used to be president of my schools anime club for 3 years until I graduated. One thing I suggest is to make sure that the club officers are serious about their position. One year I had a two lazy club officors and so my VP and I ended up doing everything to keep the club well organized.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a part of the anime club at my school. ^_^
    We usually get together every Saturday and watch at least 4-5 hours of anime.
    Usually, we will pick a series and stick with that until we get bored, or we're waiting for the new episodes to come out. (AkA Bleach lol)
    When that happens, we'll show random episodes, and take a vote on what to watch next.
    Lucky for our club, our president has a LOT of anime! So we have a lot of choices. We also talk about it, and have snacks, and such. We don't have a whole lot of members, but we make do with what we have. Right now, we're watching Death Note, and having a blast! ^_^

I suggested that we have a cosplay workshop, just for kicks.

I would advise talking to your club members, and seeing what they think! Have fun! ^_^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    I used to be president of my schools anime club for 3 years until I graduated. One thing I suggest is to make sure that the club officers are serious about their position. One year I had a two lazy club officors and so my VP and I ended up doing everything to keep the club well organized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    I am a part of the anime club at my school. ^_^
    We usually get together every Saturday and watch at least 4-5 hours of anime.
    Usually, we will pick a series and stick with that until we get bored, or we're waiting for the new episodes to come out. (AkA Bleach lol)
    When that happens, we'll show random episodes, and take a vote on what to watch next.
    Lucky for our club, our president has a LOT of anime! So we have a lot of choices. We also talk about it, and have snacks, and such. We don't have a whole lot of members, but we make do with what we have. Right now, we're watching Death Note, and having a blast! ^_^

I suggested that we have a cosplay workshop, just for kicks.

I would advise talking to your club members, and seeing what they think! Have fun! ^_^
    Ok, I'll follow the suggestions that you gave me guys, also, I've been planing ahead like for anime cons, fundraiser, talent show (hare hare yukai, and lucky star dance *evil laugh*) and so on, plus the spread of haruhi-ism.

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Another thing you might want to consider (if you have an active enough club) is going to a convention. If you think you can get them together to fundraise (and there is one close) it would be a great time for all.

Otaku Spartan117 may be famous one day Spartan117 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Like Spike'sRose, talk to your members. One of the worst things that could happen is that your club members get bored or feel left out and then just quite the club or just stop showing up. Also you'll probably get abunch of jerks coming into the room depending if you have an "open door policy" at your school. This is where the school require you to allow anyone to come and check out your club incase they want to join. Some people will take advantage of that and just come in to make fun of people or just be a**holes. If this happens its good to have a plan on how to deal with them or how to get rid of them.

+ Reply to Thread