Closed Thread

Thread: Anime Conventions (West Coast)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime Conventions (West Coast)

Do you guys know of any anime conventions for the west coast?? Any of you planning to go to one??

The only ones I know are Anime Expo in Long Beach during July, and I think there's one in San Jose, CA at the end of May or June (not sure). I'm planning to go to Anime Expo this summer with a bunch of buddies.

Or perhaps if you have already been to one of these conventions, perhaps you can tell me what to expect

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Ahiko is off to a good start Ahiko's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Conventions (West Coast)

I'm going with my friends to AX this summer and we might cosplay something, but we haven't decided yet and time's kinda running out. ^^; Maybe you'll find me running around like a little kid in a toy store~ We'll probably be cosplaying as Ouran Host Club of Vampire Knight students.. (though I really want to cosplay VK!!)

I haven't been to any Anime Conventions yet, but I do have a lot of people I want to meet who I've met in online communities and have known for a few years. ^^
    あたしと一緒に遊びたい~

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Do you guys know of any anime conventions for the west coast?? Any of you planning to go to one??

The only ones I know are Anime Expo in Long Beach during July, and I think there's one in San Jose, CA at the end of May or June (not sure). I'm planning to go to Anime Expo this summer with a bunch of buddies.

Or perhaps if you have already been to one of these conventions, perhaps you can tell me what to expect
    You better have your camera ready when you go. Also, wear a costume. Preferably something that bears absolutely no relation to anime, manga and/or games.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    You better have your camera ready when you go. Also, wear a costume. Preferably something that bears absolutely no relation to anime, manga and/or games.
    I'll do the first one but not the second Hassun. No way I'm going there to make a fool outta myself. The only reason I'm even going is because it'll be a cheap vacation and I get to meet some online people I've known for several years. Not everyone can afford to go to Japan you know.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The San Jose Anime Convention is FANIME, which runs from May 25-28 at the San Jose Convention center. I've already volunteered to work (grumble grumble grumble) as part of the logistics staff...

FanimeCon 2007:Official Website
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Not everyone can afford to go to Japan you know.
    Do I sense some jealousy there? Don't worry, that trip almost completely ruined me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The San Jose Anime Convention is FANIME, which runs from May 25-28 at the San Jose Convention center. I've already volunteered to work (grumble grumble grumble) as part of the logistics staff...

FanimeCon 2007:Official Website
    Wow, the ticket prices are as expensive as AX is... is it even as good??

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Anime Conventions

I have searched through the threads and forums but havn't been able to find a section designated to Anime Conventions, dates, times, locations...such and such.

I don't know if I just missed it, but are there any updates for announcements relating to the subject? If there are, ..kinda strange but is there some sort of AO meeting or grouping that happens to visit them? Curious to know all that I can.

For members who want to, give your opinions on the idea of meetings and/or grouping; if you have participated in the events, which one is probalby your favorite or best in your opinion.

Closed Thread