+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime Destroying American Society . . .

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Destroying American Society . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Elon Glucklich eh?
    I'll remember the name.
    this is something i would expect form you, hassun

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    If our "collective moral fiber" can be so easily eroded by a few animated shows, there wasn't much hope for America to begin with.
    agreed. unless the animation is litteraly brainwashing programming, i doubt it will do anything along the lines of "eroding our moral fiber". if anything, the dedication in some characters pushes some ppl foreward in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post

That article is just.. BLASPHEMY!!!

Lol
    indeed, blasphemy it is. and Rugrats? i hated that show. like gren said, it did become a tool for nick to grab some extra cash. the only "values" i got from that show was NOT to name a girl angelica.

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    When the hell did Canadians become a race? I'm Canadian, my skin must be pure white with red maple leafs all over.

Good bloody lord this guy's an idiot.
    man, i cant help it. "even Canadians" wtf? seriously

you should photoshop your pic to make it look just like that, then send it to the perpetraitor who wrote that foul piece of tripe...

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

What the heck...

Well, this is different! Anime destroying American society? Yeah, I'll believe that...
    *slowly slips away, "Yeah right" look on face*

Scary thing is, I can kinda understand where he's coming from, but still...

I grew up watching Rugrats, with Tommy Pickles leading with his courage, Chucky nervously following behind while Phil & Lil ate whatever bug came near them, Angelica terrorizing them from time to time, yet in the end they'd all get along, though Angelica often ended up crying from her plans backfiring horribly. I guess you could say it taught kids how to get along with each other among other things.

I even get what he means about Pokemon, Digimon & Yu-Gi-Oh. They started off as a card game, got up some steam, then jump onto TV screen & started raking it in. I remember watching Pokemon while babysitting my little sister & while getting ready for school (loud noises & flashing colours wake up thinking muscle. I'm not a morning person...) thing is it's still going. Years later & we're still being shown some kids walking around, fighting wild animals with other animals, blowing up Team Rocket when ever they pop their heads up. I could probably type up their original chant from memory, but I don't want to scare myself. And as long as the series keeps people interested, the games are gonna keep selling. I'll even admit myself, I've been addicted to the games, my sister giving me her Pokemon Yellow when I gave her gold for Christmas years ago.

"I'll just see what this "Pokemon" thing is all about..."
    "Haha, caught you Articuno (Legendary Pokemon, hard to catch)."
    "Alright Recachu, one more time to win this. THUNDER OF THE GODS!!!"
    Looking back, I still can't believe just how powerful, accurate & available (normally only available for use 10 times before "rechage", I got it up to 25!) I got Thunder up to...

But to say Anime is ruining America is like saying electricity is causing global warming, completely ridiculous! Yes, they screwed up on Pokemon once & made the background flash way too fast, possibly even with the wrong colours. But destroying American Society?!?! I think someone needs to be taken on a "tour" of some Gang territories, a few other things like that, maybe then he'll see Anime isn't what's doing the damage.

All I've even seen from Anime is more real life stuff than any American cartoon. American cartons tend to be very black & white, your a good guy or a bad guy. No grey areas. Anime, you have every shade & colour you see in real life. Heck, when someone switches sides in American cartoons, it's always "OK, I'm a [side] guy now, so I'll completely change & only act like a [side] guy now. Anime, it's much more realistic, even is the situation isn't .

OK, I think I better stop ranting now or I might never stop...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Elon Glucklich eh?
    I'll remember the name.

Oh and before I forget: YouTube - Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon (Banned)
    I'll remember that name as well. I'm gonna have to write this person a very angry email stating why their essay is a bucket of hot garbage that's filled with half-truths and sugar coated lies! Rrr...

People like that author piss me off. Anime has more moral lessons in it than any American cartoon. Anime/manga typically preaches the necessity of friendship and honor/respect amonst your peers. If that's not an important moral to feed your kids, then just let them listen to Soldier Boy so their brains can rot and conform to the ignorance that lies in our streets!.

Newbie Jounin_Uzumaki may be famous one day Jounin_Uzumaki may be famous one day Jounin_Uzumaki's Avatar
    Thanks

I must say... the person who wrote this infuriates me... his view is very pathetic and one-sided... claiming that our cartoons have more morals then japanese cartoons... Looney Toons if anything is telling kids that random acts of violence are funny and socially acceptable... more often then not... in anime... people are struggling to get peace in a world and end pain and suffering... this is just one example... if I continue to list more examples... I'll probably raise my blood pressure and cause a heart attack due to that writer's stupidity... and I'm only 18 for crying out loud!
    I have an RP site... want to join? Then PM me and we'll talk...

P.S. - Don't hurt me...

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

American cartoons have more moral fiber than Japanese anime? They're fun to watch and all, but I really don't see the intellectual value in babies running amuck... Great childhood memories though. I mean, Jeez, saying that Kappa Mikey is of more moral value than Kaitou Saint Tail, Sailor Moon, or anything else having themes of self-sacrifice and anonymous magnanimity is just...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

The article failed to say what other mainstream garbage our children are being fed. For example, "Teletubies". WTF does this show teach children? How to be mindless zombies and that the world is nothing but bunny rabbits and green hills.
    And until recently, shows like Sesame Street showing kids how to overdose on cookies and that its alright to have anger problems. (cookie monster and oscar the grouch). Behavioral problems that have recently been deemed "not suitable for children".
    Oh yes, American TV is SOOO much better than Japanime. (Sarcasm)
    How about the old banned Disney cartoons depicting racism and prejudice against differently colored people? (look up "banned Disney cartoons on google" if you don't believe me)
    Oh, how America sets the standard for quality programing that educates children. The life lessons I learned were from Animaniacs, where its O.K. to give cat calls to women, act like you have ADD, and not care about rules. Looney Tunes taught me how to solve my problems. By hitting and causing physical violence to solve my issues. Counseling or patience? Just look at the American attitude of people 30-40 years of age. They're impatient, want what they want NOW, and if anyone gets in their way, they go berserk. If they have to wait a couple minutes for a hamburger at a fast food place? They swear or drive off in rage. This is the example of American programming at its best.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Youth-anime-fan View Post
    The article failed to say what other mainstream garbage our children are being fed. For example, "Teletubies". WTF does this show teach children? How to be mindless zombies and that the world is nothing but bunny rabbits and green hills.
    And until recently, shows like Sesame Street showing kids how to overdose on cookies and that its alright to have anger problems. (cookie monster and oscar the grouch). Behavioral problems that have recently been deemed "not suitable for children".
    Oh yes, American TV is SOOO much better than Japanime. (Sarcasm)
    How about the old banned Disney cartoons depicting racism and prejudice against differently colored people? (look up "banned Disney cartoons on google" if you don't believe me)Oh, how America sets the standard for quality programing that educates children. The life lessons I learned were from Animaniacs, where its O.K. to give cat calls to women, act like you have ADD, and not care about rules. Looney Tunes taught me how to solve my problems. By hitting and causing physical violence to solve my issues. Counseling or patience? Just look at the American attitude of people 30-40 years of age. They're impatient, want what they want NOW, and if anyone gets in their way, they go berserk. If they have to wait a couple minutes for a hamburger at a fast food place? They swear or drive off in rage. This is the example of American programming at its best.

i immediately checked this out, and was amazed. good points indeed.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie frozenwilderness may be famous one day frozenwilderness may be famous one day frozenwilderness's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm after reading the article and going over the comments on the site... I think it was meant to be a satirical piece and nothing else... probably just laughing at American society.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast