+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime from Disney (?!?)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime from Disney (?!?)

Grumble Grumble Grumble

While after shutting down all traditional hand-drawn animation production in the US last year, we now know from this press release article where Disney is moving their animation production too...
    Entertainment giant Walt Disney Co. will team up with several Japanese companies to produce animation for television in Japan, a leading market, a Disney official said Thursday.
    Disney to Produce Animation in Japan - MSN TV News
    Disney to produce animation in Japan - Yahoo! News

With the current financial crisis developing in the Japanese Anime industry, the funding provided by Disney would no doubt be welcomed. But in the long run, will the introduction of Corporate US funding of Japanese Anime production be a good thing? Or a bad thing??
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime from Disney (?!?)

It would depend on how much influence Disney will have over the content that is produced. More then likely they're just going to fund anime geared for kids, and leave the more adult oriented stories alone.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... it might be a good idea... maybe of course most of the storylines will be disney like or as the same as "lame" and happy ending kind of thing.... but at least the graphic will be pretty good... well not really, it depends. But i Don't really know what to think... it might be good or it might be bad... it depends how the two industries develop together... we might be facing a new kind of characters and animation.... we wouldn't know til we see their works...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Disney has completely dismantled nearly all of it's traditional animation studios in the US... Disney characters are incredibly popular in Japan as mascots and goods, but most Japanese children have never actually seen an animated Disney movie.

Disney sees an opening in the Japanese television market (and they've just started Disney Channel Japan... probably something to do with it).

I expect things much more along the lines of "Lilo and Stitch" and "The Adventures of Marie, that Cat from the Aristocrats that No One in the USA Remembers Anything About" than what you guys tend to think of as "anime".

Animation studios are still animation studios... someone commissions them for a project and they do it.

95% of television animation in the 70s and 80s was done in Japan... but we still fight over whether it's "anime" or not.

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Well to be more precise i would say this can be good or bad it depends on how much they will be chaning the art work and will it end up looking like kim possible drawings if so count me out but it could be good to so it realy depends
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Ick! Ick! Ick!

That's all I can really say about that. Aside from Kingdom Hearts and a couple of animated movies, Disney really, really sucks in my book. I never really liked Disney all that much as a child, just bared with it. Come to find out radio stations here suck because Clear Channel Radio is owned by who? You guessed it! Disney!!

I don't know how to take such a hard hitting blow to the face! Disney funding anime studios? Provided that Disney doesn't have TOO much creative control and they just let the animators, writers and other staff do what they do best, it may work out. Though I don't see that happening. Funding studios is one thing, destroying anime as we know it is another. Let's hope that the latter never happens.

Otaku Byaku Guy is off to a good start Byaku Guy's Avatar
    Thanks

Its anime now that will be monopolized isn't it? Now we're going to have anime shows with stupid disney story lines. As long as they keep the anime awesome I won't mind.
    This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not gonna judge until there's really an outcome. But i don't really trust these kind of collaborations, it usually ends up bad in my opinion. It is still too early for me to drive the nail into the coffin, but i hope this ends up something as good as Kingdom Hearts. I don't mind seeing something cheesy and heart-y w/c made Disney iconic. What i don't wanna see is a desecration...a desecration of both worlds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast