+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime Dubs Worst and Best (Explain Why)

Newbie puku6 may be famous one day puku6 may be famous one day puku6's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime Dubs Worst and Best (Explain Why)

Hey Everyone! Uh Which Anime dub company do you think is the worst and which Anime Dub Company is the Best. Don't forget to add why you think so. an example is:
    I like Funimation because this....
    and
    I hate or dislike 4Kids because this...

As for me I don't know Which one I like most but I really hate 4Kids because they kill all of the animes they dub, change their character and title names, and change the whole story line. What about you? What do you think is the best/ favorite and worst dub company? Have tons of fun!

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Dubs Worst and Best

Companies? Wow that one is hard because I think even companies that do a great job can drop the ball from time to time.
    For instance with Bandai I think that the Witch Hunter Robin dub is on the money...but .hack//sign really sucks. With ADV I think that Angelic Layer is pretty darn bad (though it grows on you) and Azumanga Daioh is really god. So for me it's hard to pick companies
    I think from shows one of the best is Cowboy Bebop and one of the worst dubbed is again as mentioned above .hack//sign.

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

One of my favorite one was a Rurouni Kenshin epidsode and they were running a circus.. I found it really funny and enjoyable.. Kenshin was balancing on a ball and trying to entertain the adiance while they were waiting for something.. It is an epidsode that you more have to see.. really good..

I didnt like some of the narute fill ins.. thjey were horrible.. Like then one where narute was trying to get to the exam but has to get through some short cut which turns out to not be a short cut.. really bad.. sometimes anime should work on that.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puku6 View Post
    I really hate 4Kids
    Awwww! come on! you can't hate 4kids! it wasn't made for you!
    the show wasn't brought here for the storyline or anything, it was brought here becuz it was another show that would shut kids up on Saturday morning and a good way to make money...

personally, i like the 4kids version of Yu-Gi-Oh becuz i enjoy the stupidity, and i know it's better than what they're showing... but i digress...

i dislike professional anime dubbing facilities in general nowadays, especially in Canada... why? they try so hard to voice a character, it doesn't sound natural or even fitting of the character...

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know. I haven't found to many that are really bad, but I have come across some that are very annoying! Like Excel Saga the girl who does Excel grates on my nerves!

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

There always bad it dosn't matter wich one you take it's just horrible, voices don't match the charecters (if the charecter is a teenage girl the voice is dubed by a midle aged woman) there fraces are even worse (it sounds like a bad 80's comedy) and there acting abselutly sucks they don't imagine themselfs as the charecters and that's clearly noticeble.
    But then again i watched about 1 minute of dub multible anime and i couldn't stand it longer then 10 seconds, that's one of the reasons i always watch sub witch is a completly difrent story Japanese is just so good it's perfection.

Thank you for the signature FLawEdmiNd.

Newbie lawnboy978 is off to a good start lawnboy978's Avatar
    Thanks

one of the worst ever dubbed animes has to be yu yu hakusho. i mean all of the characters voices are alright except one. kuwabara or however you spell it. his voice is the most annoying dub voice i have ever heard. as for best dub, i dont really know. all of the other ones i watch arent that bad of dub. no really annoying voices stick out.
    <~"Turn on, Tune in, Drop out."~>

Newbie puku6 may be famous one day puku6 may be famous one day puku6's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm maybe. I guess you could be right. All Im saying about that is they could have found a better dubbing comany for some of the shows. oh well Can't change the past.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast