Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is anime losing its "touch"?

Newbie darksauske45 may be famous one day darksauske45 may be famous one day darksauske45's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anime losing its "touch"?

ok to clear it up im a huge fanboy(i cant live without my getbackers in the morning! XD) but more and more I see the same types of anime out there and less and less people getting into it.it just seems to me anime is becoming to genre dependent, all ive been seeing lately is action(my guess is more anime producers want to support an action anime to back up Naruto) and unlike in the 90's when the genres between anime was divided out so more anime genres was viewable it just seems to all be falling under 1 thing and its been action. i want to discuss whether it is or if anyone else has been noticing it.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is anime losing its "touch"?

Quote Originally Posted by darksauske45 View Post
    ok to clear it up im a huge fanboy(i cant live without my getbackers in the morning! XD) but more and more I see the same types of anime out there and less and less people getting into it.it just seems to me anime is becoming to genre dependent, all ive been seeing lately is action(my guess is more anime producers want to support an action anime to back up Naruto) and unlike in the 90's when the genres between anime was divided out so more anime genres was viewable it just seems to all be falling under 1 thing and its been action. i want to discuss whether it is or if anyone else has been noticing it.
    i dont really know what youre talking about. personally, I watch a show that seems good, reguardless of what its about.

i dont think, lets say, action anime is being the only anime watched.

and to the bolded- anime's not the most popular thing in the world to begin with....

Newbie darksauske45 may be famous one day darksauske45 may be famous one day darksauske45's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    i dont really know what youre talking about. personally, I watch a show that seems good, reguardless of what its about.

i dont think, lets say, action anime is being the only anime watched.

and to the bolded- anime's not the most popular thing in the world to begin with....
    well i know anime isnt that popular but i mean to the fans that DO watch anime. but what im talking about is the lack of any other genre besides action i mean most of the people ive talked to say they dont watch anime anymore because theyve been saying it hasnt been as original as the old days

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Could it just be that your looking at the wrong types of Anime??? In addition to main stream 'Golden Hour' family prime time shows such as 'Bleach', 'Naruto', and 'One Piece', there are completely different Anime genre out there, some main stream, (such as the sport competition genre, e.g. 'Hikaru no Go', 'Prince of Tennis') to Post mid-night and premium cable 'niche' series such as the award winning 'Kamichu', (the story of a girl middle-school student who suddenly becomes a Shinto Goddess), the award winning 'Gankutsuou', (the Sci-Fi remake of the Count of Monte Cristo), 'Le Chevalier D'Eon' (a fantasy remake based on renaissance history), 'Nerima Daikon Brothers', (created by 'Nabeshin', creator of Excel Saga'. This wacky series is the first Anime Musical ever created, and falls strickly into the 'experimental' catagory!!!). Theres more then enough 'different' series out there. But if you watch the same old thing, then you watch the same old thing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Lotski is off to a good start
    Thanks

I like that One Piece, adventure, action packed, comedy, monkey d luffy thingy.. hahaha... Anyway, yeah you change channel so that you can watch
    more anime that is not action.. There are also anime that is
    about love.. drama.. comedy..etc.. i like Love Hina there.. hehehe

If you don't like me, it's mind over matter.
    I don't mind and you don't matter

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly I would disagree, I mean more and more I am seeing anime become the social norm. When I first started watching anime the amount of people that I knew that did could be counted on one hand, now the amount of people I know that don't is like 4. Not only that but anime seems to be expanding, so many older series can be compared as being so alike, now some are just so different they seem to stand out in a way that can't really be explained.
    I think anime is only improving.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think you have been limiting yourself to certain anime genres subconciously. There are tons of wonderful anime series out there, and its popularity has only grown throughout the entire US as it progresses. Yes, there will be repeats of certain animes.. but that is only natural.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Stop watching anime on tv. Anime have grown/growing exponentially - especially manga. There are a lot more cons, fans and licenses. Theres 20+ new anime every season.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast