Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is anime losing its "touch"?

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is anime losing its "touch"?

I think it's about time this topic was made. I won't go into a huge debate but I'll start off by saying that anime themes / series are still very entertaining.
    But also there are stereotypical thoughts iin my head regarding anime. Let's say for example a good guy v/s a strong villain. The villain attacks and the g.g seems to be dead, and as expected the bad guys are smirking and the g.gs are sweating with their mouths open, and the hero pops out of nowhere and eventually ends the fight.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is anime losing its "touch"?

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    I think it's about time this topic was made. I won't go into a huge debate but I'll start off by saying that anime themes / series are still very entertaining.
    But also there are stereotypical thoughts iin my head regarding anime. Let's say for example a good guy v/s a strong villain. The villain attacks and the g.g seems to be dead, and as expected the bad guys are smirking and the g.gs are sweating with their mouths open, and the hero pops out of nowhere and eventually ends the fight.
    Of course, this is the 'standard' cliche for the action adventure genre, as well as the defeated bad guy coming back from near death to attack the hero again!!! But compare this to...

'Bastard' where the 'Bad Guy' IS the 'Good Guy', or 'Shana' where the main character has his soul eaten in the opening scene, and nothing is left but a dying shell. Or 'Key the Metal Idol' where most of the 'Bad Guys' come back to help the character (for their own reasons and motivations) in the closing episodes...

Like I said before, if you watch the same thing, then you watch the same thing. If you want something different, then you have to go out and find something really different to watch...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2