+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Anime losing its touch???

Newbie BlackSwordsman1 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Is Anime losing its touch???

Anime is Anime, to me it all depends on the show and what anime best suits me. Most of the anime i watch are like from the nineties anway(Beserk!!!) I don't see it losing it's touch but If it were losing it's touch, it has a good fanbase(that means us!!!) that keeps it solid

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is anime losing its "touch"?

Quote Originally Posted by darksauske45 View Post
    ok to clear it up im a huge fanboy(i cant live without my getbackers in the morning! XD) but more and more I see the same types of anime out there and less and less people getting into it.it just seems to me anime is becoming to genre dependent, all ive been seeing lately is action(my guess is more anime producers want to support an action anime to back up Naruto) and unlike in the 90's when the genres between anime was divided out so more anime genres was viewable it just seems to all be falling under 1 thing and its been action. i want to discuss whether it is or if anyone else has been noticing it.
    I've noticed that producers and, indeed, manga-kas are reusing and recycling the same plot lines. I went to buy some manga a few days ago and I've already read most of the good ones. **sigh** My little sister ran up to me excitedly yesterday and asked me to edit a story she had written; I did, but I had to be honest with her: it was a cheap rip-off of Tokyo Mew Mew (and I've barely seen/read it). I would definitely appreciate a little more variety and originality.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I think you have been limiting yourself to certain anime genres subconciously. There are tons of wonderful anime series out there, and its popularity has only grown throughout the entire US as it progresses. Yes, there will be repeats of certain animes.. but that is only natural.
    I highly agree. I don't think you're searching hard enough--which in turn makes you less of a fanboy, if you're just limiting yourself to a certain type. There's more anime out there than you think. In fact, I'm sure that NOBODY'S heard of Narutaru, unless I bring it up.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont think so, ppl are just looking at the anime/manga dats already out and is a succsess and trying to do the same by copying them. so like if they wanted to do something new, they just gotta think.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe we where all spoiled in the 90's. me, i LOVE gundam wing, and when SEED came out, i was happy to check it out, but to my horror i found it to be lackluster overall. some of the pivital shows launched in the mid 90's to early 2000's, and now that we have finished those, we look for something more to fill the space, but because we (well, some of us) where practically spoon-fed certain shows when we where a little younger, none of the new ones compare.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie ROCKANIME2007 may be famous one day ROCKANIME2007 may be famous one day ROCKANIME2007's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    I dont think so, ppl are just looking at the anime/manga dats already out and is a succsess and trying to do the same by copying them. so like if they wanted to do something new, they just gotta think.
    Yeah I agree with you. Sometimes I think there scared to try something new and different.

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is Anime losing its touch???

Well to me Kiddy Grade was pretty original. It's the first mecha I've seen that has clones in it. But, the part where they switch bodies has been done before on Ghost in the Shell.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Sorry kid, but no professional anime/manga artist is gonna stoop to the level of copying another's plot, character designs, etc. If they did they'd have no self respect. Yes, there are certain anime series that share similarities; but no two anime are alike.

Most anime/manga is based from asian folklore and religious beliefs. And the ones that aren't are either based from true life experiences or they're completely origional ideas. I think that you're just watching too much action anime.

+ Reply to Thread