+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime/Manga movie ideas

Newbie Doomherat is off to a good start Doomherat's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime/Manga movie ideas

I have an excellent Idea for a new Anime series that is a real twist but i have no Idea how to get ahold of a studio to pitch it too.
    Anyone else have an idea on who we can contact?
    A wise person knows that they know nothing at all. The formless as a form, be like water it molds itself to whatever container you put it in. It is formless yet powerfull enough to destroy mountains. Be like water my friend.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime/Manga movie ideas

Give it up.

Seriously.

You think you have an amazing idea, but you really don't... Every teenager on the planet thinks they have a brilliant idea for a comic, anime, tv show, band, whatever... but how many teenagers make it onto Hollywood payrolls?

Ideas aren't enough. People aren't paid for their fantasies: they're paid for their abilities. If you REALLY want your idea to see the light of day: you'll need to bring it to light yourself. That means you need to go to art school, film school, take writing courses, draw a webcomic/manga yourself, go to school for animation/game design, whatever.

No one pays people to "come up with good ideas"... they pay people to make those good ideas into something worthwhile.

Do it yourself or it isn't going to happen.

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

a studio is not just hire you
    for a good idea Im sorry buddy

also take this into mind
    anime dose'nt just appear
    Its usually from manga or books.

And anime is not one idea its a continuing thing
    Unless its an anime movie
    You have to be sure you can follow it up

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

ahaha I beg to disagree about the idea thing. People without ideas cannot hope to achieve anything as far as saying give it up tsu... that's pretty harsh... I reccomend finding a different path true, but giving up is never the answer!

You want to make something great then do it... don't sell out to some studio that will get all of the ideas wrong anyways... (I agree with you on doing it yourself tsu... but you're never so pessimistic as to tell some one to give up)

I'm sure your idea is great but that's the thing about ideas... that's all they are until you write them down and make them real. Only then can they really and truly begin to flourish into something amazing... only then will they develop into an entire universe of thought... but be sure to write it down.

There is no quick path to fame and fortune when it comes to producing art. Only work... and greatness is neither inheirited nor learned... it is selfish and it will only consume those who are willing to give it everything. So I'd avoid it at all costs... if this is your path then quit while you can. However if you want to bring about a true piece of art into the world and share a wonder with people who cannot see them for themselves then, never give up and never settle for some studio to produce it in their image for you.

Newbie Doomherat is off to a good start Doomherat's Avatar
    Thanks

Actualy I have been into anime for a long time and there isn't much content out there that I have not seen. I am 38 and been into it for almost 30 years.
    I am not interested in getting "hired" by anyone I would just like to get my ideas put into a movie. I could do it my self as previously suggested but the time commitiment seems a bit much.
    With my knowledge of anime I can assure you my ideas are unique and beyond what has ever been put on film.
    Here is an idea I have kicked around but haven't developed yet.
    Futuristic setting where religon is no longer accepted, Cthulhu type mythos bad guys and super natural beings vs. kabalah type wise person. Center plot around Artifacts being linked to cyber-net creating creatures the enlightened hero of course kills but must also "cyber-dive" into said artifact to cleanse.
    A race takes place to alighn artifacts to bring about mass enlightement however hero must fight goverment and cult to do so.
    Ends with artifacts reaching alignment and mass transcendece of human kind that are linked to the cybernet at that time.
    That is the opener for the series then follows through with conflict of occult manipulated goverment battling the Kabalah type transcended people while the group tries to gather all of its people and battle the evil forces.
    With every new person a new power for that individual is introduced that also enhances and evolves the groups power.
    Individual powers depicted as a reality warping type, while the group powers done in a gestalt fashion.
    If you want to make it wierd and "edgy" throw in futa style bad guys for the pervs 8P
    Thats just a quick idea I have been kicking around but I have much more elaborate Ideas I think would be alot better.

I apperciate the feedback guys.
    Last edited by Doomherat; Mar 24, 2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: to be nice
    A wise person knows that they know nothing at all. The formless as a form, be like water it molds itself to whatever container you put it in. It is formless yet powerfull enough to destroy mountains. Be like water my friend.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Ultimately, the issue with fan suggested plot ideas is that if they originate outside the production studio in question, or outside the professional (with legal contracts) writer's guild/broker/agent network, the suggestions and ideas are automatically tainted with the issues of ownership/trademark/copyright problems. How many times have you heard claims that some movie or book (such as 'Harry Potter') was based on a stolen idea, and that the real creator is suing for a share of the profits. To avoid these issues, studios will not only automatically trash suggestions and ideas sent in, they will actually take steps to isolate their writers from the materials that are sent in...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    To avoid these issues, studios will not only automatically trash suggestions and ideas sent in, they will actually take steps to isolate their writers from the materials that are sent in...
    Curious, what do you mean by isolating their writers? As a writer myself, I've always been in some sort of isolation, but as to a company I have little idea how big, or small, that may imply.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    To avoid these issues, studios will not only automatically trash suggestions and ideas sent in, they will actually take steps to isolate their writers from the materials that are sent in...
    Curious, what do you mean by isolating their writers? As a writer myself, I've always been in some sort of isolation, but as to a company I have little idea how big, or small, that may imply.
    So, while at work, have you ever been asked to look at a unsolicited proposal mailed in??? Ask the legal representative at your place of work and see what he thinks about doing this...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast