Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: anime ...nerd?

Newbie hinata89 may be famous one day hinata89 may be famous one day
    Thanks

anime ...nerd?

yesterday i was chatting with my friend cc about anime. she started talking about how she bought inuyasha season 1 and how she was excited. then while laughing she said wow i'm such a nerd. is a person consdered a nerd because they watch anime and red manga. your opinion.i don't see myself as one but if people new i watched would they think so..

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: anime ...nerd?

I dont consider myself that, i would considered myself a anime fan or fanatic >.o,
    well, a nerd in my opinion is someone that doesn't get out at all and just sets around studying or reading the dictionary.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Otaku might be a better word, though it itself is not very proper, but anyways, I don't think being nerdy and watching anime/reading manga has any connection. It is just people love anime/manga, that's all. Why all of these meaningless labels?

Thanks

ya. i hate being labled. where i'm from people who watch anime or read manga are kinda just automaticallly labled a nerd.it's eleitist i know.so i kinda feel the pressure to kinda be secretive about it. even if the person is popular something like anime comic books or books in general tends to knock them down the social ladder.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Really?? I had no clue people in other places hold their liking for anime/manga as a secret because they are afraid of being labeled. That is completely crazy, if you ask me, but I am sure, one day, they all will also get acclimatized to it, then they will stop giving people all those nonsense ladels.

Thanks

i hope so. keeping it secret is hard. like my friends know but when they see an anime magazine on my desk or a manga or dvd on a shelf they roll thier eye's and say stufff like"oh you still buy stuff like this. when are you gonna grow outta it""or stupid assumptions like"isn't this stuff usually for kid's or perv's"i kinda assumed it was like that in most places.

Otaku Reese may be famous one day Reese may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well I wouldnt define an anime fanatic as a nerd. I think the word ur looking for is freak/geek, lol. I'm obviously an anime fanatic and I dont see any reason to give anyone a bad rep for developing a liking for anime.
    hmmm... I guess I understand where ur comin. Kinda like when people label Star wars fans etc. as comic book freaks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinata89
    i hope so. keeping it secret is hard. like my friends know but when they see an anime magazine on my desk or a manga or dvd on a shelf they roll thier eye's and say stufff like"oh you still buy stuff like this. when are you gonna grow outta it""or stupid assumptions like"isn't this stuff usually for kid's or perv's"i kinda assumed it was like that in most places.
    Whoa! That's hardcore sterotyping!!! It must quite hard for you all to keep it as a secret, and to not have a lot others sharing a similar interest, but I am sure that it will grow in the hearts of many soon. I had no idea about this. Completely no clue. It's funny, though. ^_^

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast