Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: anime ...nerd?

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: anime ...nerd?

I don't think your an anime nerd if you watch anime and read manga. Well as long as you have somewhat of a life other than that.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think anyone is a nerd just for liking anime, I think someone said this earlier but a nerd to me is someone who spends all day practicing for math tournaments or reads the dictionary for entertainment.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie cheezisgoooood may be famous one day cheezisgoooood may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinata89
    is a person consdered a nerd because they watch anime and red manga. your opinion.i don't see myself as one but if people new i watched would they think so..
    Actually I think if some average Joe walks into your room and sees a shelf of anime you'll be seen as a weirdo/cartoon pervert more than a nerd. Lots of people watch TV, but anime is foreign TV, that is known for being somewhat sexual and often perverted.

This is even worse in Japan though.
    Last edited by cheezisgoooood; May 11, 2006 at 01:30 PM.

Newbie Commander_Ikari may be famous one day Commander_Ikari may be famous one day Commander_Ikari's Avatar
    Thanks

Its a different thing to people.

I have been called wierd, a nerd and a idiot over the net for watching/collecting Anime.

Ive put it down to....

If a person calls you a nerd becuase you watch Anime.. its becuase....

They donot have the brain capacity to successfully follow the plot of a fine Animation... or

They cant afford it... or

They dont own a TV

Nerd in my oppinion would be a short, fat person with huge glasses and lives in his perants basement on a Computer all day.
    Success is not a matter of chance ... nor fate ... it is simply ... a matter of choice

Otaku Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess it sort of comes with the territory. I have just learned to ignore it since I like anime so much, it doesn't really bother me anymore. For example:

Some random person: *sees the inside of my locker, which is plastered with pictures of all the anime/manga I could find (and that would fit)* Dang, I hate those kinds of cartoons....they look so....weird.

Me: Well, nobody's perfect. *As I do my best not to wince at the term so often inaccurately used for anime*

P.S. Though, I have been labeled a kind of "Geek" (I think was the word used, since I'm not afraid of books, or different cultures, and other things of the like) for a while now--but there is a lot of room to move in the Geek Category--so I'm pretty comfortable here anyways.

*For me, the nerd-term is inaccurate as well. Nobody should be labeled anything at all, because everyone is different from another and unique from everyone else in their interests and thoughts. I've never really seen the point to stereotypes.
    Last edited by Foreshadow; May 12, 2006 at 08:26 PM.

---DaRe tO bE nO oNe BuT yOuRsElF---
    {My Blogsite: RR+CV}

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Liking anime isn't nerdish. Its an awesome addicting thing to get into. Like sports, but way cooler!!

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho
    Liking anime isn't nerdish. Its an awesome addicting thing to get into. Like sports, but way cooler!!
    I agree. Anime is just an interest people like. Itsl ike collecting baseball cards or building model kits. It just what people like to do.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5