+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Anime-Network ONLINE!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

The Anime-Network ONLINE!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

For those of you interested in WATCHING FREE STREAMING ANIME EPISODES ONLINE!!! the Anime Network (a division of ADV Films) has just put up their new website, with COMPLETE SAMPLE EPISODES, (which includes their newest license series, the GAINAX Studios production 'Gurren Lagann")

Anime Network - America's #1 Anime Channel
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

LichGRIFFIN (Dec 20, 2007), Zeikku Shadow (Dec 20, 2007)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Anime-Network ONLINE!!! (FREE ANIME EPISODES)

Is that the same network that Johnny Bosch does all those anime reviews with his groupies??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I was SO ready to infract you for advertising spam... but you're Len... so now I'm not so sure :P

Still... shouldn't this be in the link section? (or slightly disguised as less of an impassioned advertisement for another site)?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I was SO ready to infract you for advertising spam... but you're Len... so now I'm not so sure :P

Still... shouldn't this be in the link section? (or slightly disguised as less of an impassioned advertisement for another site)?
    I classify this as a general Anime news item, as ADV Films is still one of the largest US distributors. And the general field of digital distribution is still trying to define itself... I'll eventually add a Link to this in the Link section...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Still! Advertising small sites and companies is against the rules but posting ads for big distributors is "news"? At least put it in the context of a news article or larger discussion.

Otherwise it's still just a link saying "visit this site" with a title with the spam-standard ALL CAPS ZOMG! WHIZBANG WOW effect. And that is an advertisement. It just feels wrong in the forum ~_~;

I'm not against a thread discussing the site, a news item about the site. I'm against threads like this:

"site title (ZOMG WOW!!!)

LINK (site description)"

That's not a thread. It's a goddamnned ad. *shakes fist*

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

For those of you interested in WATCHING FREE STREAMING ANIME EPISODES ONLINE!!! the Anime Network (a division of ADV Films) has just put up their new website, with COMPLETE SAMPLE EPISODES, (which includes their newest license series, the GAINAX Studios production 'Gurren Lagann")

Anime Network - America's #1 Anime Channel
    I already watched a couple of series on their online site. I think it updates every Thursday evening. It is a good service, but unless you have super awesome uninterrupted cable, the streaming media wont work. (its not buffered - at all..)

But I believe this is another example of the future of old world communications combining with new ones. Print news, then radio, television, and now the internet. All previous establishments took a big hit because of a new medium. Integration of old media into the internet is the way of the future, and I'm all for it! ~Especially if it means more anime!

+ Reply to Thread