+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anime OSTs

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime OSTs

I never would've thought of using her songs at a wedding... but now that you mention it, if I ever get married I just might do the same. I've used lots of her stuff for plays and student films and stuff, though. It's amazing how they always fit so perfectly! I wish she'd take me on as an apprentice or something.

*nods* Tsubasa Chronicles and .hack//SIGN's songs definitely sound really similar. You could probably interchange all the songs and still get the same effect. Kajiura's got this magical, fantasy thing going on, and she uses it ALL the time. But it's not so bad if you like that sort of thing, I suppose.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    I never would've thought of using her songs at a wedding... but now that you mention it, if I ever get married I just might do the same.
    I used "Separated" from Wolf's Rain OST 2; sounds inappropriate for a wedding when you hear the title, but it really conveys the feeling of finding someone after being apart for so long (plays during the scene where Cher and Hub meet up again). Another good choice would have been "Morning Grace" from the second Brain Powerd OST, as the string arrangement has the perfect swells and falls for a walk down the aisle...

I could go on about Yoko Kanno forever, but in the interest of fairness I should probably mention other OSTs/composers that I enjoy:

Haibane Renmei-Hanenone (composed by Kou Otani): A really sweet and soothing set of tracks, nothing too heavy or varied here, but still quite enjoyable. Tends to work best as BGM while relaxing.

Melody of Oblivion-OST 1 (composed by Yoshikazu Suo, featuring violinist Hijiri Kuwano): The violinist on this OST is definitely worthy of note, as all the best songs are either solo violin pieces or emphasize the violin. There are several really good tracks on this one, but for an anime with the word "Melody" right in the title, the music's not as great as I'd hoped.
    Last edited by gren; May 15, 2007 at 07:52 PM.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

I think for series like Bebop, and Champloo the OST is not only important but one of the most important elements. Both of them depend on showing the lifestyle and vibe centered around their music (hip hop, and jazz).
    Some of my favorite OSTs are GItS and .hack//sign. The music in both really gives and extra element to the show.

Newbie BlackSwordsman1 is off to a good start
    Thanks

I like the whole Jazz element in Bebop and the whole new age/techno/whatever in the berserk ost

Newbie MagiPink is off to a good start MagiPink's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually like the songs from the anime Chance Triangle(Pop) Session. The closing song, Love Forever, happens to be the Japanese song my hubby and I call our own. Every time I hear(or sing, as I know the words), I start tearing up. Even more so now that we are so far apart.
    I don't suffer from Insanity. I enjoy EVERY second of it!!!

Otaku Taelana may be famous one day Taelana may be famous one day Taelana's Avatar
    *tap tap tap...I'm right here...Dont you see me?
    Thanks

I dont really keep up on names, but I really like Yoko Kanno (I smile everytime I see her name during an anime's credits) ever since I watched Cowboy Bebop and heard the song Blue. I'm not really into that bluesy sound, but the music really caught my...well ear. I also really like the soundtrack from Ghost in the Shell SAC, Inuyasha (which I own one of its soundtrack), Samarai Champloo and Chrono Crusade has my fav anime ending song (Sayonara Solitia).

Not to mention that since I started watching anime I've picked up on certain artists like Crystal Kay and Asian Kung fu Generation. Which since they dont really play Japanese pop music thats pretty much the only place I'll ever hear it. I dont know why. Even though its not in English most of it is very catchy. Dont try to tell me you dont catch yourself humming after you seen your fav anime...lol.

I even pull up the anime radio link from one of my other fav anime sights and listen to it while I'm on the net or playing a game on my lap top. It just has a different feel to it than my normal hip/hop, pop, RnB selections. I dont know I just feel like its part of the whole anime entertainment.
    Mukuchi ni naruhodo suki yo yasashi sa doushitara mieru no
    daikishimete motto tsuyoku atataka na mune wo shinjiru yo
    Sayonara solitia ashita he

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I usually don't listen to anime OSTs (only some songs usually) but I bought the OST for Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen without hesitation.
    Awesome music from the first to the last track.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I definitely love the OST from series such as .hack, NOIR, MADLAX. Yup, all of which the work is done by Yuki Kajiura. Simply amazing. ^^

...I also enjoy the OSTs from GunGrave.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2