Closed Thread

Thread: Anime realism (can't fully explain in a title)

Newbie Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime realism (can't fully explain in a title)

I can't summarize what I'm trying to ask so I will explain.
    In animes/mangas such as Naruto (Which I think better exemplifies what I'm trying to say) where most or everyone in it is capable of amazing, literal earth shattering feats, for example when doing a certain special move/jutsu a character will leave behind craters or what not (best example is when Naruto is trying to learn one of his key Jutsus, there is a shot of the training area and how desemated and destroyed it was. Or the fight between two large creatures in the forest.
    (Bare with me, the question is coming up soon)

If Naruto can cause so much damage and we are led to believe in the Ninja world he is indeed a low-level nobody, my question is how come we don't the damage in the world map caused by other ninjas who are supposedly better than Naruto trying to create their own jutsus. All we ever see when characters are walking around the open world are picturesque landscapes, without the odd booms and bangs in the air or the odd crater here and there?

(Hope that made sense, its just been bugging me for a while.)
    Last edited by Ajescent; Jan 27, 2007 at 06:14 PM. Reason: To Omit spoilers
    And The Balrogs Shall Inherit The Land...

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime realism (can't fully explain in a title)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajescent View Post
    I can't summarize what I'm trying to ask so I will explain.
    In animes/mangas such as Naruto (Which I think better exemplifies what I'm trying to say) where most or everyone in it is capable of amazing, literal earth shattering feats, for example when doing a certain special move/jutsu a character will leave behind craters or what not (best example is when Naruto is trying to learn the Rasengan, there is a shot of the training area and how desemated and destroyed it was. Or the fight between Gaara's demon [I forget the name] and the giant frog).

(Bare with me, the question is coming up soon)

If Naruto can cause so much damage and we are led to believe in the Ninja world he is indeed a low-level nobody, my question is how come we don't the damage in the world map caused by other ninjas who are supposedly better than Naruto trying to create their own jutsus. All we ever see when characters are walking around the open world are picturesque landscapes, without the odd booms and bangs in the air or the odd crater here and there?

(Hope that made sense, its just been bugging me for a while.)

I sort of agree with you. They should have been doing this but as they said in the manga and the anime, he is the most reckless one. Maybe thats why but Garra and his Shukaku iddnt make craters bacuase san did not do these things and the sand mostly engulfs there person. Its not this anime too its also most animes that have somthing to do with powers beyond us by miles.

Newbie DragonsRevenge is off to a good start DragonsRevenge's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't suppose it's possible to edit either of your posts for the sake of spoilers?

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsRevenge View Post
    I don't suppose it's possible to edit either of your posts for the sake of spoilers?
    Well if you dont want it here you can ask it to be moved to the spoilers section. Ask a mod or an admin

Otaku arubberchicken is off to a good start arubberchicken's Avatar
    Thanks

i kind of agree with u guys, but i mean.. in the naruto example... i dont see many ninjas with huge beasts battling... yeah.. many ninjas could be more conservative and not destroy the area around theme... or maybe they just dont want to show the destructon other reasons

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Well, how many ninja are 1) Reckless 2) Bloated with their own self-importance and 3) have the spirit of the legendary nine tailed fox within them?

I don't know the answer. I don't watch naruto. It is an interesting question, but the answer that must be concluded on is quite unfulfillingly simple: it's because he's the main character. The scope of the show is not made to be relative to the Hokage, who obviously must possess so much more power than Naruto, but rather to make a shonen action show that appeals to the audience, which requires lots of big explosions and a lovable, if dumb, main character.

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the reason that u don't see destroyed lanscapes and the worn land from constant training is simple. They want to focus on the results of training rather than the actual training itself. If there were craters all over the place it would convey a darker/gloomier apperance to the show. Instead of its bright skys and picturesque landscapes. I hoped that anwsers your question.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

You could argue that Ninjas are suppose stay in the shadows and not draw attention to themselves is whats preventing the massive destruction of the landscape, but the reality is that the writers simply don't want reality to get in the way of a good story... A common symptom with many a work of fiction...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread