Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime Reccomendations: Romance

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Reccomendations: Romance

I also recommend Peach Girl because

A. The main character is pretty realistic. Momo isn't overly ditzy or cutesy, nor do people pick on her because she's the typical 'smart person'. She's a little naive, but likeable.
    B. Typical love triangles - yet you see how compatible Momo is with both Toji and Kiley
    C. The potential love interests are both likeable - yet aren't 'perfect'..
    D. The villianess is cunningly 'evil' enough to make you want to jump in the manga/anime and slap her yourself ^_^; But you may end up having a soft spot for her by the end.
    E. The artstyle! It's different, but it works.
    F. The different situations Momo got in definitely made the manga a page turner for me ^^
    G. The overall story. Of course, it'll be a disappointment for the people who were fans of the guy Momo didn't pick (and some may blame the villianess), but you'll be glad you made it to the end, regardless. Plus there's a sequel~

I also recommend "Hana Yori Dango", or "Boys Over Flowers" because:

A. The main character! Like Momo, Tsukushi isn't afraid to stand out and she isn't overly romantic, ditzy, or cute. She stands for the weaker without having super powers, and she manages to win the heart of a few guys without being overly pretty ^^
    B. The F4. In the beginning they're alittle... 'annoying' I suppose, but then you slowly start to love them - or at least one or two of them.
    C. It's funny. The expressions, the situations, and the characters deliver the comedy well.
    D. The romance. You pretty much will be able to figure out who Tsukushi will end up with by book 5, but you stick around because it's hard to believe how it will happen, with all the problems they face ^^;
    E.Dirty Love-Hate Relationship. By Dirty, I don't mean perverted ^^; It's just that it's kind of like the classic version of this, with some dirt stains and grease. The love interest isn't the typical 'dream guy' and he can be downright mean sometimes.
    F. The story. It'll make you want to stick it out 'til the end.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

If you really want manga romance just go buy a couple issues of Shojo Beat.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, but Shu asked to recommend a Romantic Anime, not where to get find some, shadowrulz ^.^
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

Whoops, my fault..........

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Death Note
    Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is an anime that should be watched by all IMO..

Its very sad though)
    If you don't mind soaps then yea, go watch kgne. Its a big emo fest.

Let me try to recommend some romance anime I watched that I thinkmost people would enjoy.

1. kgne

2. Saikano - I don't actually remember much from the anime so ill use the manga to aid me. Saikano is basically a school girl that end up being the ultimate war machine hence, Shes The Ultimate Weapon. The entire story revolves around the theme of time. Whats sad about this is the contrast of innocent to maturity, adulthood, experience? Can't seem to find the right word for it. She is slowly being consumed by the machine/weapon inside of her, losing the things that makes her human, emotions, feelings etc. At the same time shes in love with a guy call Shuuji. Him, hes has a battle of his own - is to stay with Chise. Their relationship is a huge rollercoaster ride. I actually recommend the manga but if you like things animated then go ahead with the anime. Then after don't forget to read the manga.

3. Ai Yori Aoshi - Kinda like the more serious Love Hina. A harem anime that turn out to be good. Kaoru Hanabishi, a college student who lives alone, met a beautiful but bewildered girl dressed in kimono at train station. He volunteered to guide her way to the address she was looking for, which looked like in his neighborhood but turned out to be an empty lot. Not knowing what to do next, Kaoru invited the devastated girl to his apartment and asked for additional clue -- a photo with two children whom Kauru immediately identified as himself and Aoi Sakuraba, his childhood friend. It turned out that the girl in front of him is Aoi Sakuraba herself, his betrothed fiancée who came all the way to Tokyo to marry him. Her revelation was not only surprising but also reminded the deepest part of Kaoru's memory for why he left the Hanabishi family in the first place. Source: ANN
    What brings out the best out of this series is imo Aoi. A women like her is really surreal nowadays, such dedication with the person she loves and so traditional. Also with all the family conflicts that each of Aoi and Kaoru has, makes their relationship very unstable. That makes the story more interesting, how will they remain together and what will they do to make their relationship last? And so on.

Too lazy to write anymore. Might add more later.

Otaku moongoddess may be famous one day moongoddess may be famous one day moongoddess's Avatar
    Thanks

i say chobits because it's very heart warming and romantic!
    FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT!
    WINNING LOVE BY DAYLIGHT
    NEVER RUNNING FROM A REAL FIGHT,
    SHES THE ONE NAMED SAILORMOON

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135
    Ah, but Shu asked to recommend a Romantic Anime, not where to get find some, shadowrulz ^.^
    thanks.

and i have another anime to reccomend, "School Rumble"

its a great love story with loads of comedy, and has a strange love triangle

delinquent likes airhead

airhead likes weirdo

weirdo likes no one(well, hes weird! he wears a turtle rain suit!)

Newbie MamoruChibaFan may be famous one day MamoruChibaFan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Sailor Moon has an amazing romance. 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The couple is dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the series, gets engaged, gets married, has a child and has an amazing, passionate love story, lots of kissing, it's so long a nd special.

Fushigi Yuugi also has an amazing love story.

Fushigi Yugi the manga is much longer than the anime. The couple are dating and are boyfriend and girlfriend during the series. There is lots of kissing, marriage, proposals and so much love and passion and an amazing, romantic sex scene in the manga.

Ayashi no Ceres the manga has a romantic love story.

Marmalade Boy has a realistic love story that is so real and genuine that everyone can relate to. The couples are dating and in relationships and have very realistic relationships.

Bokura ga Ita is another very realistic romance series, the relationship is so realistic.

Kare Kano is a series where the couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series.

Boys Over Flowers the manga is a realistic romance.

Happy Hustle High is an adorable romance manga.

Mars is a serious, intense, passionate romance manga.

Kare First Love is a romance series where the couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend early on.

Mermaid Melody is a fantasy/romance.

Akuma De Sourou is a good romance.

Kodocha is a realistic romance.

Peach Girl is a realistic romance.

Punch! is an exciting romance.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast