Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime and their messages

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Anime and their messages

Do you believe the messages laid out in front of the masses involving the environment, politics, and the overall state of the world community are being heard, or just written off as nonsense in a "cartoon"?
    Myself, I beleive that the messages are for the most part going unheard, and alot of these are on very important subjects that should be listened to.(Nausaca-environment, Metropolis-politics, the list goes on)

Newbie Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime and their messages

Of course they go off unheard, usually when I tell people I watch Animes, what I get in return is a scoff and people shooting their nose up at me. Because by Animes they either think of something like Pokemon or Hentai and to be honest neither of those will have any "messages" worth your attention.

Seldomly people listen to the messages in movies or songs which can be argued carries more weight that an Anime but people don't listen to them so why would they bother with an anime?
    And The Balrogs Shall Inherit The Land...

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

I've always felt that coming change first comes from people laughing at the idea of it in a situational comedy. Say that Will and Grace and the "Fab Five" started out as a Ha Ha Ha type of stuff. Now we love all things Metro-sexual and accept people being gay.
    Of course, this certainly didn't start with them. Over the years, there have been many areas of homosexuality where it has been displayed as "funny" or "stupid funny". It begins just by getting the idea into your head, so in the future, you can think of it on a lighter note.

So comparing other things in anime/cartoons, any debatable stuff that has comedy in it is probably only a set-up to get one to get used to the fact that it exists. Like when "I Love Lucy" was airing on tv, they were the very first to show a bedroom scene between husband and wife. Comedies set up scenarios and events that the next generation wont have a problem with.

^^ And you thought the media didn't control you...

Newbie celticratt may be famous one day celticratt may be famous one day celticratt's Avatar
    Thanks

While I hope that the messages in anime are being heard.I have doubts.I have watched people of my generation go from eco consious peaceniks to suv driving chickenhawks,about the only lesson people seem to have learned is the sesame street song"the most important person"

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime have messages that you don't realise unless you analyse the show very carefully.Animes don't just entertain us,but also teach us some morals that you can't learn normally.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

in most types of entertainment there is always a message or something involving society. there cartoons (including anime), movies, TV shows, plays, books, music the list just goes on. and in most of these there are messages as u said. but the thing that u said is whether ppl are taking note of these. well it really depends on how well and techniques the directer used to show us these issues. if he does it well, like in ur face type stuff but keeps it entertaining, ppl will take notice and will change the way they think towards a certain issue.

but it really depends on how well the director/creator shows his thoughts about issues through his/her works, which is done through techniques and yadda yadda yadda (mind boring English lesson returning to me).

but now days i haven't seen any real desent peices of work, since everything on tv is mainly realilty tv, and movies are nearly half the time just based of action is easy to think that messages are never/rarely being heard.

but if u want to know some anime that have some deep morals and issues in them, i suggest u watch some of the productions that Ghibli has made. some good stuff there.

Newbie babygurl1991 is off to a good start
    Thanks

it could but it all depends on what the erson may think bout the message or who is sayin it...

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime messages seem to work the ones comedians sometimes put in their shows. People really can't really defend against what makes them laugh. If you just said some logic would kick in and you might be on-guard thus nullifying the message.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast