Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime Turned Live Action

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime Turned Live Action

[Backstory]This past weekend was my school's 24 Hours of Anime marathon. It was completely awesome. Once thing we watched was the Cutie Honey Live Action. We also watched Hana Yori Dango Live Action.[/Backstory]

I wouldn't watch the Cutie Honey LA again if I could help it, but I immediately went on the hunt for the rest of the HYD Live. I was highly disappointed because Domyouji didn't have uber curly hair (which I find funny and like, ha-ha), but it's a great series actually. Oh man, Tsubaki and Shizuka are absolutely the best characters to see acted out. All the characters were perfectly portrayed, and the story line combinations and rearrangements were well done and not let downs.

So, has anyone else seen this live action or another anime-turned-LA you want to talk about?
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Turned Live Action

Nana, well actually it was based off from a manga, but it has a anime now and one other i don't remember the name, but it was based on a very old anime. Im still waiting for Saikano live-action.

Without knowing much about Nana, i watch it because there were a lot of positive comments about this manga. So i decided to watch it, it was great. It felt...normal i mean comparing from other anime/manga to live-action movies its hard to tell it was based off a manga. I would recommend watching Nana.

On board the train to Tokyo to meet her boyfriend Shoji, Nana Komatsu ("Hachi") happened to sit beside Nana Osaki who was traveling to Tokyo to fulfill her dreams of becoming a musician. The vocalist for her punk band "Blast", Nana aims for a major debut for "Blast" in Tokyo where her boyfriend, Ren, is the guitarist for a popular band "Trapnest". Sharing the same name "Nana", both girls quickly form a bond of friendship. Their paths cross again when they encounter each other while searching for accomodation in Tokyo. Eventually they decide to live together in the same unit and this further strengthens their bond as the two "Nana(s)" go through their love lives and career.
    Source: ANN

Newbie Hyper_Bunny may be famous one day Hyper_Bunny may be famous one day Hyper_Bunny's Avatar
    Thanks

I've watched Nana LA, MARS live-action, Hana Yori dango and part Of Sailot Moon live action.
    Do NOT watch the Sailor Moon Live action!! It's so bad!! It makes me puke......X_X.
    For the Hana Yori Dango one, I watched both the Japanese & Chinese version of it. I like the Chinese better, it's more romantic. XD

Avy & Sig made by me. If you want one, PM me!! Cause I love making them!!

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper_Bunny
    I like the Chinese better, it's more romantic. XD
    Do you mean Meteor Garden? I haven't seen that one, but I've heard that Hana Yori Dango is better, and that the characters look more like the anime/manga look.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Newbie sailorkrystalia may be famous one day sailorkrystalia may be famous one day sailorkrystalia's Avatar
    a small green and blue star in the milky way
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: Anime Turned Live Action

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper_Bunny
    I've watched Nana LA, MARS live-action, Hana Yori dango and part Of Sailot Moon live action.
    Do NOT watch the Sailor Moon Live action!! It's so bad!! It makes me puke......X_X.
    For the Hana Yori Dango one, I watched both the Japanese & Chinese version of it. I like the Chinese better, it's more romantic. XD
    i like sailor moon live action!!! sure its cheesy but the story line is interesting....its not the "true" story line but it is a very interesting idea that the director of this series had.

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

i think the only anime i seen live action is the initial d movie. it was so so. its like they put many episodes into that movie and changed A LOT of stuff in it.

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

wot was the name of the gto live action series? i cant seem to remember it, buh they used a girl teacher instead of a guy. i saw like 2 eps of it, looked pretty interesting, buh not realy faithful to the anime.

Newbie ..::..{Jet}..::.. may be famous one day ..::..{Jet}..::.. may be famous one day ..::..{Jet}..::..'s Avatar
    Thanks

theres lots of anime turned live action now.........Sailor moon is one of 'em ¬_¬..... but there are good ones like Devil Man..........the best Live Action film from Jap thats like Anime is Cashern[sp] i dunno if thats based on an anime/manga but they try to make it like an anime when it come to battle sceans
    The walls we build around us to keep out the Sadness, also keep out the Joy
    The signature image limit is 500*115 pixels.
    -- Hassun

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast