+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime to watch before you die.

Newbie Cartoon King is off to a good start Cartoon King's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime to watch before you die.

Hey Folks!!

I found that Princess Monoke was featured on Channel 4's Films to watch before you die.
    So, I thought why not have a list or suggestions of anime, that based on opinion, are must-sees before death and why.

I'll add what I think later on.

In the meantime, why do you think, folks.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime to watch before you die.

you gotta watch one of the better gundam series, ie Mobile Suit Gundam, or Gundam wing.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Taelana may be famous one day Taelana may be famous one day Taelana's Avatar
    *tap tap tap...I'm right here...Dont you see me?
    Thanks

I have a disorder that prevents me from dying...

But

1. I would love to see ALL the Inuyasha's (including the movies) in order straight through nonstop except for feeding, watering, and the occasional bathroom break. Inuyasha has always been one of my fav series and I have yet to see it in order or to the end for that matter. Who doesnt love the action, the drama, Shippo being slugged, and Sit Boy!!!? I can watch every episode I've ever seen over and over and I probably have.

2. My fav movie ever is Howl's Moving Castle. The story line is awesome and imaginative. Have you seen the artwork and animation??? If you have you need not ask me why I love it so. I love the way you can tell which stages of age she's in and little things like when she first meets Howl and he places his arm around her waist to lift them both off the ground. I love the humor. Sometimes it's hard to get Japanese humor becuz of the lore, but this movie wasnt like that. Oh and who doesnt love a good love story 8)

3. There are a few that are starting out and I have seen some of them but since they're pretty new... Anyway, those would be Claymore which is about a female half demon and her "cook" going on missions to kill demons threatening mankind. D. Grayman is also about an order that hunts demons, but Claymore looks closer to King Arthur's time than modern times. Deathnote has a pretty original storyline if youre into the bizarre. It's about a young man that finds a note book that causes the death of the person who's name is written inside. The only story that you wind up rooting for the bag guy just to see how he gets outta scrapes and dodges the law...lol. Karau which is about 2 entities (one stays dormant until she gets older) who enter the body of little girl during an experiment run by her father. There's plenty of action if that's what youre into.

4. And I would die to see them continue certain anime like Ghost Hunt, Gunslinger Girls, and His and Her Circumstances. That would totally make me happy becuz i hate stories that seem unresolved...

That's all I can think of right now...That's prolly enough to last me til my undying days...lol
    Mukuchi ni naruhodo suki yo yasashi sa doushitara mieru no
    daikishimete motto tsuyoku atataka na mune wo shinjiru yo
    Sayonara solitia ashita he

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

Everything!!!! Just because every single anime RULES!!!! And they all have interesting stories and their all so cool!!!!!
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Negima.i love that anime.The story line is awsome.All the charcters have outragously interisting back grounds.But sadly i seem to be like the only person who knows about it in a 100ft radious of my house.(witch relly sucks) Im going to tell you htis it might seem wierd but the class that a 10 yeard old teaches has multipuly magiga users, an alien, a vampire, a robot, and a talking ermine. This anime takes place in japan.I still havent figured out why an ermine was in japan.that one really keeps me up at night.

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

It depends of. Maybe i say "Saint Seiya" but maybe another person says "i don't like SS, SS sucks". So, my recomendations are based on if the anime are a classic, if is a "cult anime" or something like that.

1.- One movie: Mmm, There's a lot of movies. I recomend "Metropolis". Why? It's a classic. The animation version for a lot of people is superior than the real film, and say that is too much. The original version of Metropolis is one of the best sci-fi movies made ever.

2.- One classic serie: Astroboy. The first anime. I don't need to say more.

3.- Contemporaneous serie: Evangelion. I know, have a lot of hype and the final are one of the worst ever. But, who never don't hear about Eva? It's imposible, including people what don't like anime knows Evangelion.

4.- One of my favorites: Last Exile. The animation and story are enough to enjoy. One of the best on my opinion.

That's my recomendation.
    "Knowledge is power"

Newbie Cartoon King is off to a good start Cartoon King's Avatar
    Thanks

So far as yet, I can only think of one anime that I believe is a must to be viewed.
    Drum roll.....Elfen Lied.

Just everything about it makes it stand out alone as a unique anime and must-see before death..
    The story, the beautiful animation and backgrounds, the tragic sense of reality and sympathy for the characters. Plus the gore, though gore isn't really my fave topic as well as other people's.

I like KuwiRules145's enthuism BTW.

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm its hard to narrow down so many great animes, i think I would have to choose Last Exile for a series, the story, the setting all come to life in this anime, a wonderful job of transporting the viewer to a world of Vanships and Airships... Absoulutly everything from Studio Gibili... Metropolis is a good choice, and yeah, I liked it over the orignal movie... Eva is a must see for the ground breaking advancement and change it gave to the world of anime...and i'll throw in Planetesits a very well done anime, based on hard Sci-fi, near future time. its one of my favorites, and a must see.
    Don't Panic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast