+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime to watch before you die.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime to watch before you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jepray View Post
    hmm its hard to narrow down so many great animes, i think I would have to choose Last Exile for a series, the story, the setting all come to life in this anime, a wonderful job of transporting the viewer to a world of Vanships and Airships...
    Agree, Last Exile is beautiful, and definitely an anime everyone who calls themselves a fan should see.

I'd also say Serial Experiments Lain. Not only is it visually great, the existential questions it presents will give you a lot to think about. Go for this one first if you know you'll be dead soon; it bears watching more than once.

The Samurai X OVAs are a must see; even though they function as the prequel and sequel to Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai X defines itself with a unique animation style and a far more serious and touching story. Just a warning, don't watch "Reflections" before "Trust and Betrayal"--you may get too depressed to continue watching (plus you wouldn't be viewing them in the correct order anyway).

There's a lot more anime I want to see before I die (I may not get to everything, but I'll sure try), but if my time was extremely limited, I'd focus on deeper, more serious series like the ones I've mentioned.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jepray
    hmm its hard to narrow down so many great animes, i think I would have to choose Last Exile for a series, the story, the setting all come to life in this anime, a wonderful job of transporting the viewer to a world of Vanships and Airships...
    I loved Last Exile! I agree with both you and gren. Anyone who calls themselves an anime fan should definately see this one.

Rurouni Kenshin; the series AND the OVAs! They were the first things to really get me into anime, period. And I absolutely loved it. The storylines of the OVAs are deep and well put together. A big difference from the series.

I'd also have to say Full Metal Alchemist. Not many people say it's one of the best animes out there, but to me.. it couldn't get any better. I loved all the episodes, and they never got boring, nor lagged along the way.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

practically every miazaki movie, DEFINITLY the castle of cagaliostro. one of the best lupin moveis ever!

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    practically every miazaki movie, DEFINITLY the castle of cagaliostro. one of the best lupin moveis ever!
    It's Miyazaki, and yes I have to agree. The first time I saw Spirited Away, I fell in love with it. I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work. So yes, before someone dies.. they have to check out some of his movies.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Im surprised no one has said Akira yet,I would say its a must see one of the best animes of all time,with highly quality animation and broke from the usual trends of its time meaning how it was animated and its dialogue.Its find this movie amazing even thou iv seen it like 15times.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Thanks

i am sorry for mispelling the name, i was in a hurry.

actually, chalk up lupin the third as a good series, as well as blue gender. it's a good series about the good in ppl

Otaku kossetsu shita is off to a good start kossetsu shita's Avatar
    Thanks

omg those are good , but i would have to say elfen lied, u havnt been through life unless u been on an emotional ride with elfen lied

Thanks

Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex, because everyone needs to like Tachikomas!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast