Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime you just finished watching

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Anime you just finished watching

Greetings everyone ...
    When the clans were still present ,there was a thread in Legion Ketsueki's about this .. i took the idea and decided to revive it here (with some upgrades) ...
    The thing is pretty simple just post the anime you just finished watching and put some description on it (how did you find it?) and put a rating of ten (according to your opinion on the series) ... this will help people watching the good stuff and will give a lot of help and recommendations ,and you an also mention the category of the anime [action ,Sci-fic ,romance ,comedy ,drama ..etc].
    and so I'll be the first one to start

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    (i couldn't set a stable category for the series as it was very mixed of mostly all).
    9/10
    good animation ,unique story and amazing work well-done of making studio ,very good OSTs .. a must to watch ...

Happy posting everyone
    Last edited by LichGRIFFIN; Jan 30, 2008 at 06:40 AM. Reason: The World is not a perfect place :)
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime you just finished watching

I just finished watching the anime "NANA", an anime about two women, both named Nana, who's personalities and goals are opposites (One is going to Tokyo to be with her Boyfriend, the other to make it big as a Singer), who meet by chance on a train, and wind up living together in a Flat they were both interested in, and forever have their lives altered by that choice.

I have to say what I liked the best about the anime is the Music, which were composed by two bands (Anna Tsuchiya and OLIVIA) who pose as the two different bands in the show (Black Stones and Trapnest respectfully), and my favorite song over all has to be "Kuroi Namida" (YouTube - Anna inspi' Nana (BlackStones) - KUROI NAMIDA MV) by Anna Tsuchiya, so much so that I'm using the chorus as the ringtone on my cell phone.

The next thing I like is of course the story. I have to be honest, if something has a decent story, I'll give it a try, and since I started watching this anime on a whim, and I am not disappointed one bit. The story is deep, multi-faceted, engaging and serious at parts and funny when it needs to be, but not overly so. The characters are all pretty top notch.

I give it a 9/10 because sometimes the story drags itself out, but if you like rock music (Punk especially) then this anime is right up your alley.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now what have I finished this month so far...

'Tsubasa Chronicles' First season. Action, Drama, Romance, Road Trip Adventure series. Based on the CLAMP Manga series. This is not an outstanding Anime adaptation of a CLAMP series, but still provides decent entertainment value... Average, 5/10

'Prince of Tennis' Vol 4, Sports, Drama, School slice of life. If you want to view the interactions of a group of extreme competition obsessive middle-school students with tennis court moves that are closer to martial arts special attacks then anything else, then this is the series you gotta see. Sports Anime series are not well known in the US/Region 1 market, but with VIZ Media releasing this series in affordable 13 episode Digi-pack releases, this would be a series to dip your toes in to try out the genre. Highly recommended 8/10

'Lost Universe', Sci-Fi, Comedy, Romance, Action, Adventure series. Created by the makers of 'Slayers', and based on the novels as the author who wrote 'Slayers' (with character designs and a story similar to, but not as good as 'Slayers) A good park your brain at the door series. Slightly Above average 6/10

'GTO' (a.k.a. 'Great Teacher Onizuka') Drama, School Slice of Life. The story of a former infamous motorcycle street gang leader (but not really reformed...) turned Middle school teacher, who's assigned the homeroom class from Hell... Above Average Drama series... 7/10
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

A few i have finished so far/watched again.

Burst Angel box set.

Total eps:24
    Genre: Adventure,Comedy,Mecha, Science Fiction, Shounen

Plot: Story follows a group of mercenaries Sei,Meg,Jo,Amy and Kyohei Tachibana who is in over his head as there part-time job as there private cook.As they take on jobs in the crime-ridden future Japan.

Well thats the basic plot, It was very good and recommended to me by some one i know.It was very good i thought filled with action and humor.The animation was very good and worked well with the CG.Tho i must say the ending to it was a let down to me left a few thing unanswerd. All in all i give it 8/10

Also Megazone 23 Box Set.

Total eps: Three movies.
    Genre: Mecha, Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction.

Plot: The first two movies follows Motorcycle enthusiast Shogo Yahagi.Who life is changed abruptly when he is met by Shinji Nakagawa, an old friend.Who shows him a military prototype motorcycle called the Garland, which can transform in to a Mech. The third movie takes place 500 years after the first two movies and kinda leaves allot unsaid.

It is reasonable good, tho the jumping around and not completely telling the story takes away from it i thought. 5/10
    Last edited by koga23; Jan 27, 2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Adding in some thing...
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

I just finished Yu Yu Haksuho
    I'm a little bit sad because I kinda wanted more of the anime
    But my overall rating 10/10
    Plot:
    I'll give it to you without spoiling.
    Yuuske is punk kid who ditches school
    Yuuskes Mum dos'nt care what yuuske does Anyway one day he goes
    to school... self explanitory And then gets acused of stealing someones wallet
    (but he was simply gonna return it because some kids stole the wallet from someone else) Anywayz he gets pissed off at the teacher who accused him.
    So he ditches school.
    Anywayz he walking on the street just being him and a kid is playing with
    his ball near the road So Yuuske go and tells him not to.
    But then the kid chucked the ball onto the road and follows it and a car was just about
    to hit this little kid so yuuske jumped in front of the car and gets killed.
    But he's still there although he's a ghost.
    And then this women comes down and tells him he surprised fate so he gets a second shot at life...
    Its good anime
    And i also finished InuYasha season 1
    TOO LONG

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lilium View Post
    well i just finished those who hunt elves it was a decent anime but i could hav been better
    Quote Originally Posted by loverOfanime054 View Post
    I already finished tsubasa chronicles season 1 and 2, inu yasha movie 1 to 4, la corda d' oro, lovelydols, yu yu hakusho, gatekeepers,deathnote and so many more...
    please include at the very least your rating on it /10 or how did you find it .. this's not a listing thread of what you finished watching (please read my first post) ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I finished off two more series last weekend, with both of them being 'really really different' from your normal Anime series fodder...

'BECK', school slice of life, coming of age, Rock Music, drama. A dark and gritty series about a group of High School aged teenager boys as they attempt to form their own rock band and go professional. But between clashes of ego, girls, lack of income, recruiting new members, and corrupt band promoters and criminal record label execs, this is not a smooth process. Rated M-17 for brief nudity and sexual themes. Also be forewarned that its based on a ongoing Manga series and has no conclusive ending, (but does complete its chapter story well..) 8/10 a series that is highly recommended.

The Official Beck Anime Website from FUNimation

'Princess Tutu': (fairy tale) Fantasy, Magical Girl, Romance, Ballet Dance, School slice of Life, drama. Once upon a time, in a walled city where fantasy and reality intermingle, A young prince and the Raven demon king escaped from their story. The Prince used a forbidden technique to shatter his heart to seal away the Raven, scattering his heart shards throughout the city and leaving him with no emotions. And in the city there is a small duck, who feels sorry for the Prince. When given a magical amulet, the duck becomes a young girl ballet student (name 'duck') who sets about gathering the scattered heart shards to return emotion to the prince to make him happy. But if she utters the word 'quack' (out of force of habit) she transforms back into a duck and needs to be splashed with water to return to a young girl. And in moments of crisis, the girl name duck can transform into the Mythical and legendary 'Princess Tutu' (who is destined to confess her love to the Prince, then disappear in a flash of light)

'Princess Tutu' is one of the most significant sleepy series I have seen. A sleeper both by being a 'Magical Girl' series, and unfortunately being released when ADV Films was having a money flow crisis, resulting in over a year passing between the first DVD release, and the continuation of the rest of the series. Recently released in an affordable brick collection, 'Princess Tutu' is composed of two 13 episode seasons. The first season is good, with the battles in the form of ballet dance, set to a selection of the best of European classical orchestral music (which really adds to the drama of the dramatic scenes!!!). But its the second season where this series really excels, having avoided the destined tragic ending in the first season, the characters, while still playing out their roles in the story, start to actively rebel against the story and the secret author behind the scenes. For someone looking to watch something really really different, this is a series that is highly recommended 9/10

ADV Films Presents: Princess Tutu
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Jan 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie chingy203 is off to a good start
    Thanks

I've finished watching Lovely Complex not long ago:P

It was about Koizumi who was taller most of the people falling in love with Ootani who was shorter than any most of the boys their constant bickering and comical/hate relation ship between them both are well known throughout the school. Among their friends they are the only ones who aren't in relationship.....

Anyways I liked this anime very much so i'm giving it a 9/10 well if you like romance you might like this i hope :S

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast