Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Anime you just finished watching

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime you just finished watching

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post
    I finished an anime called... Yakitate Japan!! ^^ It was a good anime on comedies about bread.. i learned quite a lot about food from japan and breads all over the world !

I just finished this anime about last month... gee... im rewatching it now xD and now also watching... Shounen Omyouji... a cool anime on ghosts and spirit casters
    Yeah Yakitate is a good one, you gotta love the parodies, the homages, the reactions, the characters, and the exaggerated facts...Heh, i never really get tired of that one. I've mentioned this anime a couple of times here in AO, i guess no one is interested to talk about it or maybe no one has ever seen it. You're a breath of fresh air, good to know that there's someone else here who happens to know and like it.

The momentum kinda dies down a bit during the last arc tho...

Newbie Gekkou may be famous one day Gekkou may be famous one day Gekkou's Avatar
    Thanks

I just finished Kyou Kara Maoh! It was ok anime, not the best but good tho. It was funny but i the main character was a bit stupid and annoying but somehow it was ok.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I seem to be watching a lot of Vampire Anime recently. One of the best to come out in the last year that I finished last night is 'Black Blood Brothers' which is distributed in Region 1 by FUNimation...

The Official Black Blood Brothers Anime Website from FUNimation

The basic premise of the series is that 10 years before, Hong Kong was destroyed by a pandemic infective Vampire outbreak... The city was rebuilt in an adjacent region called the 'Special Zone', but powers behind the scene maintain the district as a secret vampire sanctuary, where humans and vampires clans can live and interact in peace. But something is not right behind the scenes, and these are the conditions where the two main vampire characters (Male adult and 10 year old child) enter the scene...

Basically, the entire 12 episode series is just an excuse to show a good old fashion Vampire Clan War in the last DVD, with enough loose ends for a possible continuation. The episodes have a distracting habit of mixing scenes from the characters past with the present, but everything is tied up neatly in the end. The series isn't as bloody and violent (or as good) as 'Hellsing Ultimate' OVA series, but being a TV series for broadcast, (and limited by broadcast censorship standards), its understandable to expect lower quality standards...

So... IMHO, better the 'Tsukihime Lunar Lengend', 'Trinity Blood', 'Moonphase'
    8 out of 10, a series to recommend...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I just finished Love Hina two days ago and i got to say it's from the very few animes that i liked in which there was a boy surrounded by several girls ...
    I give it 8/10 because it got some crazy ideas in many episodes and i liked the way the ideas were shaped through many characters ...
    also watched the two special episodes (Christmas + Spring) and the the 3 OVAs but i liked the original series and the two special episodes more than ever.
    I highly recommend this anime for any anime fan of any type to watch.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now a series that I finished last weekend is the director's cut of 'Afro Samuari', a series that was ordered by the cable channel Spike TV at over a million dollars an episode from Studio GONZO. The series has breath taking animation quality, but the cultural context is so wrong, (and so bad!!!) that the series becomes a poorly written comedy, leaving you on the edge of your seat waiting to see how the story can get any worse...

If you want to see how ghetto street culture tries to fit itself into a pink tutu twelve sizes too small, then this is the series that you must see, otherwise, its passable.. 4 out of 10

Afro Samurai - Starring Samuel L. Jackson, Ron Perlman & Kelly Hu
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Lucky Star....amazing simply put. when I first began watching it i started to think it applied more to females....but even still I loved it.
    Of course it has made me an official Konata Izumi fanboy XD. She is so cute lol.....the show overall was pretty good. It had no plot that would get old and dull after so long it was just......life.....and thats it.
    Considered the Seinfeld of anime on some websites I visit.
    I highly recommend it ^^ I did hear rumors that an OVA might be out in 09....crossing my fingers for that ^^

Newbie voneyeding is off to a good start voneyeding's Avatar
    Thanks

I just finished COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO (GANKUTSUAO OR WHATEVER) great series.. I especially like the patterns used so cleverly in place of usual color style . vivid. Story is excellent! and ENGLISH dub is acceptable. Only a few dumbfounded moments:
     click to show spoiler

..overall it was a compelling series to see through to the end. with a satisfying end. noit like other animes where they don't know how to end it and do0 something stupid!
    VonEYEding

Newbie metalmaster32 is off to a good start metalmaster32's Avatar
    Thanks

I just finished watching Fate/Saty Night. This anime was much better than I thought. I usually don't go for the action genre, but I decided to try it with this one.
    Pretty much a war breaks out for the Holy Grail and seven magi are given servents from throughout history to battle for it. It is said to grant any wish to the one who achieves it. A small love story thrown in near the end, but it really works a bit here. Great story and action. Not overdone. I give it a 9/10. Highly recommended.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast