+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any hikaru no go fans out there???

Newbie nikiru is off to a good start nikiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Any hikaru no go fans out there???

Hi everyone,
    well lately I've been really into this anime called hikaru no go. Most people I know don't even know the series and well I was just wondering if there's anybody online here who has? For those of you who don't know about this anime I strongly do recomend it. Is kinda of like yugioh only it's not a card game is more of a board game.Go is a popular game in Asia I think it's more popular in Korea than in Japan but their have been major international tittles on Korea, Japan and China. Instead of their being more than one spirit from the past, in hikaru no go their only one(Sai!!!).I haven't finished reading the manga or watching the anime yet so their may be another one but I highly doupt it.I heard the ending was really sad for sai!!!!!!! I really wan't finish it soon to see it. well for those of you who are interasted in the game you can go here to find more about the board game called Go Go (board game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . Know for those of you who are interasted in the series can go here Hikaru no Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . For those of you who love Shonen jump anime this is one of them

Newbie kick0vertraces is off to a good start kick0vertraces's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Any hikaru no go fans out there???

Thank you very much for the info. Though i have seen about 5 episodes in japanese but that was a while ago when it was first being introduced in America(dub voices). I'll look more in to it again. I was thinking of collecting the dubbed dvds, are you watching those? Well thanks again!

Newbie nikiru is off to a good start nikiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I am watching the series right know Im in ep6. But when it comes to the manga im like in ep 20 I think??? At first I didn't thought I was going to get into it. But my coach recomemded it so I decided to watch it and fell in love with the show.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

I finished the second volume of it and fell in love^^. Too bad our library only has two vulumes : (

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

I know you say that not many people dont know about the seiroes and this is true i only know about it because i hear it on Toonami on thursday when they say the anime line up. thats supposed to be broadcast on the net. Im sure its a nice anime but doesnt sound like my type
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I've been collecting the DVD releases of 'Hikaru No Go', and I can easily say its going to be hard to find a pair of characters as obsessive as the main characters of this series. 'Hikaru No Go' is one of the rare 'Sports Anime' genre series that have seen a US Region 1 release. If you've ever played competition board games (e.g. Chess, Poker) then you can sympathize with what these characters go through in this series. 'Hikaru No Go' was popular enough in Japan that it single handedly triggered a 'Go' revival in the game.

And if you like 'Hikaru No Go' you can try some of the other sports anime out there, as the first uncut collection of 'Prince of Tennis' (the series that plays just before 'Naruto' on TV Tokyo) just came out from VIZ Media, the boxing series 'Hajime No Ippo' is still in distribution under the title 'Fighting Spirit', and the excellent (but out of print) baseball series 'Princess Nine' is still available at some stores and anime conventions...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku kossetsu shita is off to a good start kossetsu shita's Avatar
    Thanks

ive been reading it every now and then, its really good and it hooks me, im reading it in shonen jump

Newbie WaterSprite may be famous one day WaterSprite may be famous one day WaterSprite's Avatar
    Thanks

I got into Hikaru no go through the manga and I love it!^^My favorite character is Sai,he's so funny when he sees things he's never seen before.I recently watch the first volume dvd and I really enjoyed it.This is a series I'll definately keep up with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast