Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: any one watch shaman king.

Newbie Alternative ZERO may be famous one day Alternative ZERO may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: any one watch shaman king.

about it, here's my two cents....

i think shaman king was a pretty good and popular show overall, the way it's drawn is kinda kiddie but not quite...i can't say its a really serious show, like most shows....its not something out of the ordinary either in terms of the story and the art. the story and plot was kinda predictable and easy to cope up with and i think that's a plus for shaman king coz it has been easily understood by young and old fans alike thus making it the immensely popular show that we know. this show is very team-based and very traditional in terms of being team-based, you got the leader, the snobbish "i'm-better-than-everyone" guy, the dumb but lovable guy, the love interest, the funny guy, the disturbed but pretty powerful kid and the "i-came-from-somewhere-icy" guy(these personalities often appear in most team-based shows)....that element has been repeated over and over again but usually it was succesful and shaman king was not an exception...

fight scenes are okay, just okay not really jaw dropping, seeing oversouls was quite fun for me....most of the characters had cool looking oversouls that suited their personality and character background...take the x-laws for example, some fans have criticized them because of ugly looking and unoriginal oversouls, but i think the looks of those oversouls suited their characters pretty well...character designs are okay too but then again some designs were too kiddie but that's a plus....

i don't think the ending was stupid, just pretty open...it has been criticized and barraged with bad feedback from fans and critics alike but i think its pretty okay....its quite unorthodox and interesting as far as my humble opinion goes....

IMO shaman king never really set a benchmark, not something to be considered as legendary(like dbz or astroboy), and it was certainly not an innovation...but it's one of those "better ones", watching it is not really a must but it is certainly worthy of the attention it has received...it was above average for me and i consider it as one of the "big dog" anime shows...many shows are certainly better than it but hey it showed greatness....

*those are just my opinions and might not really reflect anything as a general opinion of the majority or general truth...so if i accidentally "bashed" any opinion of another person, let's just discuss it in a civil way rather than a clench fisted word war...+throws a peace sign at you+....*

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I started watching Shaman King...
    But for some reason I just couldn't get into.
    I like the story and the characters, but I think I just got bored. There was nothing too special about it for me to keep watching. ^_^ I suppose it's just a matter of personal taste.

Newbie aristocratic_assassin may be famous one day aristocratic_assassin may be famous one day
    Thanks

I watched shaman king and it was really interesting. It may seem weird but my favourite character is Anna. She is so cool and calculating. She doesn't treat Yoh that well (more like tortures him) but it was pretty obvious that she cares for him. In fact, my favourite part of the whole show when her companions and herself met Hao on their way looking for Yoh. I loved it when he said she would be the perfect bride for the Asakura family and she slapped him.

Newbie K.A.David may be famous one day K.A.David may be famous one day K.A.David's Avatar
    Thanks

The characters were okay, they were entertaining. But I found all the "We could overcome Everything with our Friendship!" thing a little too sickening. Wasn't Takei thinking when he made this anime? I mean, you must consider that some (though not all) otaku in and outside of Japan are, well, introverts. Was he that insensitive?

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

To quote the forum rules

Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 14 days or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Closing...

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5