Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone like anime based in the Samurai times?

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anyone like anime based in the Samurai times?

Well it depends, I mean that as the category of anime we are comparing leaves so many open that it's hard to come up with a simple yes or no answer.
    Yes I like anime dealing with samurai and such however not all anime based in that time really falls into one genre to say they are all good.
    But yes Samurai anime are pretty good

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

I have yet to find an Anime based in samurai times that I didn't like. I agree with Aspyhxia in that Ruroni Kenshin is my all time favorite of this era.I also liked the music and art of samurai champloo. I thought they could've done more with the story though.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Newbie Lady Asphyxia is off to a good start Lady Asphyxia's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, on the Champloo series...they could have taken a little more time...I felt that for the second half, they rushed the plot. Samurai Deeper Kyo lacks action in my opinion. When they fight it ends rather quickly...but I've only watched a few episodes (So I wouldn't really know). It's just not fast pace in fighting like Champloo and Kenshin.
    ~Obviously you can't chat about anything...even if you explain yourself~

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoods View Post
    I have yet to find an Anime based in samurai times that I didn't like. I agree with Aspyhxia in that Ruroni Kenshin is my all time favorite of this era.I also liked the music and art of samurai champloo. I thought they could've done more with the story though.
    Man this is right on the dot for me. I have yet to find something that I really dislike. I did think Deeper Kyo fell short with me, but I still enjoyed it to an extent.

Just recently I was able to watch "Afro Samurai" staring Samuel L. Jackson, hosted by Spike T.V., I think. It isn't necesarrily samurai times I suppose, but it sure puts a spin on things. I found it extremly enjoyable, but I havn't seen anything that kills my appetite for that kind of genre.

The path of the sword has always fascinated me, and I find it absolutely inspiring to have something worth that much to a person.

Otaku AngelFlow may be famous one day AngelFlow may be famous one day
    Thanks

I like Samurai Champloo, its my second favorite anime as a matter of fact. Its funny and shows great samurai action. I watched kenshin too till they stopped showing it on cartoon network. It was one of my favorites cuz of the action, it also had its funny moments.

Otaku Shermanator may be famous one day Shermanator may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Asphyxia View Post
    To answer that question about the little kid joining the shinsengumi, would be Peacemaker (If I'm correct). I like that show inspite them lacking good fighting scenes. Samurai Champloo (Means Comedy heehee) is a great wonder and a show that really made me laugh. I also loved the art and music. Didn't care to much about the samurai who smells of sunflowers plot...I've been watching Utawarerumono in Anime Network and it seems pretty good. Samruai 7 was another good anime. Overall, you can't beat Rurouni Kenshin...it's a classic to me now (Wonderful times). I own the series and movies...even that crappy Samurai X movie <.<.
    thank you..i couldnt figure it out...but yes i have seen all of samurai champloo...its great...and i think there should be more..i mean the way they ended it and no one died...so i think they should continue on...but yea you cant doubt that the samurai era developed many good stories but are there any new ones or some that i might not have heard of that came out?

In every world, the God’s always make the rules. You will fall before my fake rules, and for the sin of going against the new world’s God, die.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, some pretty good shows call the time period home. samurai champloo is great, as is kenshin, but samurai X is great too. (i know, kinda the same thing, but oh well.)

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

I do, like samurai champloo and Afo samurai. i dont wantch afro samurai dat much so i cant say i like it. but i really wanna git into it.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast