Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone like Wolf's Rain the tv series? What do you like/dislike?

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Anyone like Wolf's Rain the tv series? What do you like/dislike?

Wolf's Rain (synopsis):

click to show spoiler

I love Wolf's Rain. It has stuck with me from the first moment.

Having 1 grandparent that is an American Indian, we had heard stories about wolves, but I never had any deep fascination with them. That is until I saw Wolf's Rain. Now I have a deep fascination with them. I would love to be a wolf like the ones in the story.

I love each and every character of Wolf's Rain. Every character plays a pivotal role. Take one out, you risk loosing a part of the story that is necessary. Even the small parts of storyline help anchor things together.

If you have been lucky enough to have purchased the original uncut episodes, and you will find some new pieces to the story. Some small, some large. Even some episodes not shown in America. I often wonder why they do this.

My favorite of the wolves is Tsume. He is a very dark and complex character. He like each of the wolves carries his own scars, inside and outside.

I found Wolf's Rain to be beautiful and always moving. Even in the last moments they offer some hope. Will there be more? I sure hope so!

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anyone like Wolf's Rain the tv series? What do you like/dislike?

i am a big fan of wolf rain and i liked not only the ability that have to turn into wolf from being a human but the fact that they never gave up tell they could get to the paradise tho it was a bit of a up set on its ending all and all it was good.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Wolf's Rain is great! I love it! I can't find a single thing wrong with this series. I love the story, there's good portions of action from time to time and I love the idea of wolves that can take the form of humans; like a reverse werewolf.

I like wolves a lot anyway though. I get it from my grandmother. She's in love with wolves. She collects all kinds of stuff with wolves on them (NBA Timberwolves stuff included), like cups, posters, t-shirts, etc... So, when I first saw Wolve's Rain, I immediately fell in love with it.

Thanks

Yes, I agree about the ending being a bit of a let down. Did you see the uncut episodes?

If you didn't:

They show Kiba start walking and it's raining. Slowly he quickens his pace till he's running.

click to show spoiler

So, this gives me the impression that there is more to come. Plus since Darcia's eye fell in the water, which was within the waters from which Paradise springs, I'm guessing this means he was able to be reborn into the new world of Paradise.

I have heard rumors stirring here and there that there is more on the way, but nothing defanite.

Yeah, my Mother and my brother collect wolves as well. Mostly they are Are American Indian items.

I agree, I never found anything I could point at, and say I didn't like it. I love everything about it, still do. Man I think I'll have to watch it again this weekend.
    Last edited by Zeikku Shadow; Nov 08, 2007 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Wanted to address atomik_sprout also.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

The story itself was ok, but it can get confusing in places. Also, I will say the one thing that ticked me off about the show was the recap episodes they had. Seemed like a waste of time.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

The music far outshone the series. But what else would you expect from Yoko Kanno?

A good watch mostly, but yes, the ending was pretty bad (if you can even call it an ending). Very well animated, and the English dub was above average. My only real complaint is that in the scene where Toboe fights the walrus, the version of "Shiro" that plays in the background isn't on either of the OSTs.

@Umbriel: I only watched it when it was on Adult Swim, but I remember the part you mention in the spoiler. Did AS show uncut episodes? I'm pretty sure they skipped the recaps...or else I just missed them.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Wolf's Rain is awesome! I love the art and the idea behind it.

I don't entirely like how it played out. It could have been more action-packed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    The music far outshone the series. But what else would you expect from Yoko Kanno?

A good watch mostly, but yes, the ending was pretty bad (if you can even call it an ending). Very well animated, and the English dub was above average. My only real complaint is that in the scene where Toboe fights the walrus, the version of "Shiro" that plays in the background isn't on either of the OSTs.

@Umbriel: I only watched it when it was on Adult Swim, but I remember the part you mention in the spoiler. Did AS show uncut episodes? I'm pretty sure they skipped the recaps...or else I just missed them.

No they didn't. I just asked people in general if they did see them. I bought them, so obviously I have seen them. I got them off of eBay some time ago. I had to see "what else" you know what I mean.

I had to see what they had edited out, what they changed, what they never showed of the end. I had heard their was a bit more to the end, and I just had to see. The ending as Adult Swim showed was a huge let down. The extra added bit I saw on the dvd's gave me hope for more. Plus it let you know that at the very end paradise was reborn. It was cool.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast