View Poll Results: Is the art a factor for you?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

23 92.00%
  • no

2 8.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Art of Anime

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Art of Anime

Hello everyone!

There are countless amounts of anime and as a result there are many types of artwork. I know I have seen some of the most detailed of sceneries and characters that are next to life-like. And then I have seen the anime where everything seems to look like it could have been drawn by a seven-year-old.

My question to you guys is this. When is comes to anime is the artwork a factor for you? Does it need to be at least halfway decent or could it be stick figures for all you care? Why or why not?

As for me, it does play a bit of a factor. There have been anime that I have honestly tried to watch but I just couldn't stand it because the artwork was so bad in my opinion. One of these would have to be One Piece, I'm sorry for all you One Piece fans but I just can't stand how the characters are drawn in that show. I honestly tried to watch it but the artwork just drove me crazy.

Another example would have to be Cyborg 009. I remember it aired on Toonami for a little bit and it bothered me then, too. I was about 10 or 11 at the time and I still remember how much it bugged me. I would try my hardest to watch it after school thinking that overtime that I would get used to it and wouldn't bother me. . . that didn't happen. My distaste never did lessen. I finally gave up around the 13th episode.

Anyway, enough of my jabbering, how about you guys?

Otaku Grimm Akumu is off to a good start
    Outer Heaven,in Zanzibar Land, around the corner from Shadow Moses Island right beside the Big Shell
    Thanks

Re: Art of Anime

its gotta be well done, otherwise itll suck because theres really no way to choose a favorite character, i mean personality is one thing but they GOTTA look cool!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm too old to waste my time on crappy rehash stories for pretty, cliche art.

If it's not interesting and original, I'm out. I don't care how pretty it is.

And if it's fascinating, I'm likely to put up with stick figures.

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

Well for me it is a factor
    but if its bad art but good ill still be in.
    But good art is a nice bonus like
    Death note FMA and Mushishi
    Last edited by kurapika; Apr 08, 2008 at 02:51 AM.

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

That's what I try to think because I know that the art shouldn't matter because if it's a story with a good and unique plot then it should be watched. And I do give the anime whose artwork I detest a chance but it always gets on my nerves. Is it so wrong to want it to be at least decent?

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course it counts..it should and it must.

Anime is in line with art in almost all its categories(Visual, Literary, Musical, etc.) but right now i'm gonna talk about the visuals in anime(as a show) since it's what the thread is mostly about. It does matter for me but visuals is an open thing as we all know, what looks good to me might look bad to others. It is always a plus factor for me whenever a certain show has good visuals like Hakugei or Spirited Away but then again it's only a factor.

I know people who kick shows out of their watchlists just because of bad visuals or story. Me? I don't judge shows all-out literary or all-out visuals, like what i said earlier, anime is in line with art in almost all its categories. Just judging the show in general without even considering all its other artistic aspects is not my thing coz i think it is the improper way. If it's a show then judge it as a show, not as a painting, or a novel, etc....consider the visuals, the sound quality, the storyline and script.

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

I accidently voted no, but the art does mean alot to me. Because i like good artwork in anime, it makes it more interesting to watch.
    Continuous effort-Not strength or intelligence- is the key to unlocking our potential.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post

I agree as well...
    When I was a kid, it looked cool. I love the artwork of anime... I admit it's what drew me into it. However, after having watched anime since I was 6~ I learned that there is far more to it than the way it looks.

If it looks nice and has a great story that hooks me, that's just a bonus. ~_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast