Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 32

Thread: Attack move name yelling ( why say it every time you do it )

  1. #9
    Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    622
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Attack move name yelling ( why say it every time you do it )

    Think about it when there ain't name yelling. Its for dramatic purposes. Its not a shounen title when theres not name yelling, screaming and lol 10 minutes later.

  2. #10
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Attack move name yelling ( why say it every time you do it )

    It doesn't annoy me in the least. It's actually very interesting to watch. It shows that they are into what they are doing, and they know they will win the battle. I love it when Kenshin does it with the Hiten Mitsurugi.

  3. #11
    Otaku DJjorgen may be famous one day DJjorgen may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Attack move name yelling ( why say it every time you do it )

    @ shodo i thank god bleach doesnt have any attack name , only when they go bankai , do release they're soulslayer or do kido moves ( which they dont use alot )

    @ zero mm yeah true its a trait they all have but please once every episode
    would be enough twice maybe ( one before the commerical and one after )
    that would make it alot more fun to watch , i dont mind it when they do a spell or something i can believe that that wont work unless you say "the magic word" , but your fist wont hit less hard because you dont name your attack =/


    thanks a mill Naruto1988 for the sig

  4. #12
    Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Attack move name yelling ( why say it every time you do it )

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    It doesn't annoy me in the least. It's actually very interesting to watch. It shows that they are into what they are doing, and they know they will win the battle. I love it when Kenshin does it with the Hiten Mitsurugi.
    If the naming of special moves came from tradition, thats all good to explain the origin; however that doesn't explain why it keeps showing up in anime and the reason for doing it so frequently.

    If you want to figure out why it happens so frequently or even why they yell it at all, the answer can be found within White Wolfs post. There isn't any deep meaning to why they do it.

    The fan's appreciation and interpretation of the sequence and act determines what, why, when, and where it will happen. Like any good product, if the consumer doesn't like it or something specific, than the it should be common knowledge, that product won't be in production very long.

    Simply put - The majority of fans enjoy them yelling out the names. It could be for very different reason, but if you look at DBZ and the Kame a Mea thing, it is pretty obvious that speaking the words can create a dramatic and supenceful atmosphere.

    You could try to argue that speaking the words are a part of the whole power gaining and concentration process of the character itself; but what producer would just mindlessly apply that without thinking what the effect would be on the fans.

    If you don't want the noise, check some more dramas. You can listen to minutes worth of death instead of minutes worth of introductory sequences.

  5. #13
    Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In the States
    Posts
    637
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Attack move name yelling ( why say it every time you do it )

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    If the naming of special moves came from tradition, thats all good to explain the origin; however that doesn't explain why it keeps showing up in anime and the reason for doing it so frequently.

    If you want to figure out why it happens so frequently or even why they yell it at all, the answer can be found within White Wolfs post. There isn't any deep meaning to why they do it.

    The fan's appreciation and interpretation of the sequence and act determines what, why, when, and where it will happen. Like any good product, if the consumer doesn't like it or something specific, than the it should be common knowledge, that product won't be in production very long.

    Simply put - The majority of fans enjoy them yelling out the names. It could be for very different reason, but if you look at DBZ and the Kame a Mea thing, it is pretty obvious that speaking the words can create a dramatic and supenceful atmosphere.

    You could try to argue that speaking the words are a part of the whole power gaining and concentration process of the character itself; but what producer would just mindlessly apply that without thinking what the effect would be on the fans.

    If you don't want the noise, check some more dramas. You can listen to minutes worth of death instead of minutes worth of introductory sequences.
    A strange way to put it but I get your point. But you must rembered just because a higher % of people like the yelling of the people's attack name.It doesn't mean that every person will now does it??Nope, every one has their own point of view for things. Is only a few that are annoy by it.XD.
    Perfection is dull

  6. #14
    Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Attack move name yelling ( why say it every time you do it )

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon f View Post
    A strange way to put it but I get your point. But you must rembered just because a higher % of people like the yelling of the people's attack name.It doesn't mean that every person will now does it??Nope, every one has their own point of view for things. Is only a few that are annoy by it.XD.

    Yep I fully understand that opinions very from person to person. In the end majority rules though. It's a good thing that there are things called genres, and that you can usually find specifics related to your opinions, likes/dislikes.

    Anime is has a great variation and have amazing titles out there. Shouldn't be too difficult to find a title thats on equal terms as Inuyasha, but doesn't have the whole screaming bit to it.

  7. #15
    Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In the States
    Posts
    637
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Attack move name yelling ( why say it every time you do it )

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Yep I fully understand that opinions very from person to person. In the end majority rules though. It's a good thing that there are things called genres, and that you can usually find specifics related to your opinions, likes/dislikes.

    Anime is has a great variation and have amazing titles out there. Shouldn't be too difficult to find a title thats on equal terms as Inuyasha, but doesn't have the whole screaming bit to it.
    That is for sure, but the question is just what you are looking for.
    Perfection is dull

  8. #16
    Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Attack move name yelling ( why say it every time you do it )

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon f View Post
    That is for sure, but the question is just what you are looking for.
    It shouldn't be too difficult in finding something. If you have an anime section at your local video store, just look at the genres. Anime(like many other things) has an enourmous library. If your store doesn't have anything, go on the internet and search. Something such as Amazon.com could give you info. If you see what people are buying, they tend to buy other things that are related.

    Check anime forums. There is a crap load of info out there. If you found a hidden jewel, that might be an exception, but something as popular as Inuyashu shouldn't be that big of an issue. If you are passionate and a little patient, shouldn't be too much of a stretch for you.

    There are always that hit and miss factor no matter where u are.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Heart Attack
    By Peach_follows in forum Poems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 12, 2007, 09:38 AM
  2. *america Under Attack*
    By hiei9957 in forum Poems
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2007, 03:33 AM
  3. Time for me to move on / the site to move forward.
    By Dan in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2005, 09:24 PM
  4. to move to japan...or not to move
    By animechick in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: Aug 06, 2005, 11:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts