+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aya Hirano - Overrated?

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Aya Hirano - Overrated?

For those that don't know who Aya is exactly, she is the popular Seiyuu that hit it BIG with her voice of 2006's The Melancholy of Harhu Suzumiya and jPop. Here's a wiki about her other voice roles and her life as a whole - Aya Hirano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is it possible that Otaku have exaggerated Aya excessively? If not, why do you think that?

I personally dont think that she is overratted, hands down she is my favorite Seiyuu even before her role as Haruhi. She started young - at least I think they don't normally start young - and has just recently hit it big, which is why I think she isn't very overratted, but as the way most Otaku are, she may be one day.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Newbie Navy Cherub is off to a good start Navy Cherub's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Aya Hirano - Overrated?

She's overrated by many otaku, but that seems to simply be a trait that otaku can't shake - they overrate their personal favourites. I know I tend to do that. In general she isn't, though. Aya Hirano is usually praised as much as she deserves.

She is one of my favourite seiyuu, and though I didn't know about her specifically before Haruhi, I did know her from Kiddy Grade and Eyeshield 21 before that.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Haruhi is gloriously overrated to begin with... add to that a seiyuu who is ACTUALLY young and ACTUALLY pretty (possibly a first for the fandom) and you've got a bunch of horny attic-monkeys who can't keep from drooling at her pictures.

ALL seiyuu are overused and their celebrity is a bit questionable (since most of them don't actually DO anything but make the same one or two voices over and over again for 300+ characters and pose for magazines with fugly teeth and bad hair) but this is Japan... a nation where people form obsessive fanclubs for school janitors and pet penguins.

I'm not sure the average non-/b/tard Westerner even knows who she is: so it's tough for her to be overrated.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    ...but this is Japan... a nation where people form obsessive fanclubs for school janitors and pet penguins.
    XD that much i did not know

I don't believe that it's just Japan that over obsesses over Voice Actors - though I admit I'm one of those Aya fans that you speak of for those reason... I don't even watch anime unless it is with the original Seiyuu, but I do hear a lot of Chris Patent - hope I spelt it right - and some others with just as much craze as I see from a lot of Japanese Otaku.

I think that Megatokyo gives a wonderful example of the obsessive behavior of said Otaku, whether in Japan or not, Dramacon is another good example of how the fanbase takes to the extremes.

>_> on a side note, i think that Neon Genesis Evangelion is far more - and will always be more - popular then Haruhi anyday.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't really say whether or not she's over rated, because I don't have too many opinions to base my own from. But, I personally think that whatever praise she gets from anyone, she deserves. I'm a fan of her work. I like all the songs she sang in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and I especially like the song she sung as Misa Amano in Death Note.

I've even seen live recordings of a show she did (had a band with her and everything). I think she rocks!

Newbie Navy Cherub is off to a good start Navy Cherub's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't even realize that Aya Hirano was Misa until she sang.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Cherub View Post
    I didn't even realize that Aya Hirano was Misa until she sang.
    LOL, I didn't know until I downloaded the song. ^_^ I knew the voice sounded familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. When I found out who it was, I flipped my lid.

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Harhu Suzumiya is awsome even tho just because she hit big doesn't make her not over-rated tho i happen to think other wise for the same reason as you because if she hit big and did so well at her parts she had to have done something right
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast