+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bandai Entertainment NY Comic Con Anouncements

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Bandai Entertainment NY Comic Con Anouncements

Grumble Grumble Grumble

At the New York Comic Con convention today, Bandai Entertainment made a little announcement that they have the license for 'Gundam 00' (No real surprise here...) and the GAINAX Studio series 'Gurren Lagen', which is a surprise, since this was announced by ADV Films last year, but evidently lost the license. Of even more interest, there is talk coming out of the NYCC that Bandai plans to do a quick SUBTITLE ONLY release this summer, followed by an English dub release in 2009...

Bandai Entertainment, Inc. - NYCC Page 01
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Bandai Entertainment NY Comic Con Anouncements

Very cool thanks LenMitya for the post me and my friends will be looking forward to it thanks again for the post lenmitya.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmph, so that explains why I havent been able to find a copy of "Gurren Laggan" anywhere...

The "subtitle only" release does come as quite a surprise to me, I've never seen anyone do that before. (Well except for some of the preview DVDs that used to come in the NewType USA magazines but...) Not that I'm complaining...rather I'm happy about it as I NEVER watch my anime in dubs. Muwahahaha. LOLs

~Thanks always for the useful info Len, its just one less thing that we have to look for on the net.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Further information has been released by Bandai Entertainment on the English dub release. It will include BOTH the original Japanese sound track as well as the NEW English dub, as Bandai Entertainment is not using the English dub that was started under ADV Films... And considering it will take at least 6 months for a English dub for a short 13 episode series, this would explain why this will be a 2009 release. At the same time, the sub only release will be finished at about the same time as the original ADV Films release schedule, to keep the dedicated collectors (with knowledge of the awards earned at this years Tokyo International Anime Fair, and last fall at the Japan Media Arts Festival) content and happy...

And I like that suggested retail price on the releases too...
    Bandai Entertainment Official Press Release.pdf
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Apr 18, 2008 at 10:37 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread