Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Basilisk

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Comparing Basilisk against. Naruto

All the time i hear people talk about how great Naruto is..........................

Dont get me wrong Naruto is a great anime/manga........but has anyone heard of Basilisk..............

It is a ninja anime/manga that is compared to Naruto (but the darker adult version)...............

I just wanted to know peoples opinions on the subject................

To all Mods..........Sorry if this is in the wrong section.........

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Comparing Basilisk against. Naruto

Grumble Grumble 'edits title so it doesn't sound like a not allowed Favorite thread... Grumble Grumble Grumble

Then again, this may be a case of trying to compare apples to oranges. In Japan, 'Naruto' is unending franchise series that is shown during the family prime time 'Golden Hour'. Other unending franchise 'Golden Hour' series include 'Bleach', 'Pretty Cure' and 'One Piece', Basilisk is a anime series that was created for the post-midnight time slot, and targeted for the hard-core anime otaku fan community. I could see comparing Basilisk against the 'Ninja Scroll' TV series, or 'Samurai Deeper Kyo', both of which were post-midnight series, but against a family hour program???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

yes...............i have heard it far to many times in America.......with manga fans..........they always say when they see me reading Basilisk..............that it is a bad version of Naruto..........but they have never read it.........they are going off of opinions of other people............but i just wanted to get other peoples ideas on it...................so what is yours...................mr SUPER MOD.............

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless_mage View Post
    but i just wanted to get other peoples ideas on it...................so what is yours...................mr SUPER MOD.............
    Personally I haven't seen the series yet, (It's somewhat low in priority for anime purchases since I'm not into Ninjas with supernatural demonic powers. I wonder if any anime studio is ever going to put out a Ninja anime series with somewhat realistic combat abilities. A good example of this for 'Samurai' genre is the parody series 'Jubei-chan' 1 and 2... If my friend Joe the Trolll picks it up, I'll watch his copy...) though one thing that I've heard about 'Basilisk', is that of all the anime series Studio GONZO produced last year, the two show piece series were 'Trinity Blood', and 'Basilisk' (which by itself does say something about this series...) Basilisk - Offical Website: Funimation

Newbie the ronin may be famous one day the ronin may be famous one day
    Thanks

Basilisk

I haven't seen the anime yet but I have been reading the manga. So far it's been pretty good except for one thing in volume 1 (Possible Spoilers begin here).......

........In the manga, Gennosuke and Oboro's respective grandparents Danjou and Ogen were in love during their youth and attempted to bring peace between the Koga and Iga clans. Unfortunetely, the preassures from both sides became too much for them and they forsook their love. Fast forward to the time of the main story; after agreeing to lead their clan's elite 10 against each other, a sneak attack by Danjou on his former lover ends in both dying. As they both pass into the afterlife, the manga depicts them in their youth and lying together in a river of light, signifying that in death they'll be together.

The reason why I dislike this particular scene is because I don't feel Danjou and Ogen deserve to be together in death anymore than they did in life. They both chose their clans over each other, and in time were perfectly willing to kill each other in the name of their clans(Ogen even cackles vindictively when she kills Danjou). By allowing them to be together in death when they willingly forsook that right in life becomes a mockery of Shinju(Japanese theatrical drama involving tragic romance ending in the death of both lovers and of which features so prominently in Basilisk) and for this one moment turns Basilisk from a tragedy into a farce.(Spoilers end here)

Thanks

Re: Basilisk

Grumble Grumble Grumble...

We already had a fresh 'Basilisk' subject thead going... I'll just merge the two together (grumble grumble grumble)

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i wouldnt mind seeing them make an anime or manga from the ninja gaiden game sure it has probably been done to death but i belive that game serise was pretty close to realsim he used thrwoing stars and o super natural skills to beat the demon near the end of the first game the 2and was deifrent but it still bassic ninja skills or maybe a shinobi type anime or manga thye would fit in the same catagory as what you are talking about almost
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

i've seen one episode of it. Though it may be similar to Naruto in some ways, i would prefer naruto over basilisk.
    I don't find it uninteresting or anything, but its just more darker in animations and evil like......i don't know how else to describe it.
    Its kinda freaky too, in some ways.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast