+ Reply to Thread

Thread: batman anime

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

batman anime

With the insane levels of marketing saturation for THE DARK KNIGHT, another upcoming Batman movie seems to be getting overlooked, namely BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT.

Wizard's 2008 movie preview has a few details, informing salivating Batfans that the "movie" will actually be a collection of six stories from different writers, directed by Bruce Timm (BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES). The new stories, done in anime style by three Japanese studios, will apparently bridge the gap between BATMAN BEGINS and THE DARK KNIGHT and explore "different facets of Batman often seen in comics but never really explored in animation and film." The stories will link together thematically but also be independent, each with a different appearance, particularly in regards to Bruce Wayne and his nocturnal alter ego.

The writers include comic scribes Brian Azzarello and Greg Rucka and BATMAN BEGINS screenwriter David Goyer, and the animation studios (Production I.G., Studio 4C and Madhouse) have been responsible for work like STEAMBOY, GHOST IN THE SHELL and NINJA SCROLL. It's believed that Christian Bale will provide his voice to the project. The DVD is expected to hit shelves sometime before THE DARK KNIGHT's July release.

Comment please.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Newbie bigfoot88 may be famous one day bigfoot88 may be famous one day bigfoot88's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: batman anime

I guess it'll be cool to see something like this.

My question is…. is this same director who directed the Batman animated series in the 90's or is it the more recent (The Batman animated series)?

If it's the one from the 90's than yeah I'm excited. I'm fine with accepting Christian Bale as the new batman and possibly Heath Ledger as the Joker. But we'll see how the Dark Knight movies go.

But I would love to see the resurrection of Batman Beyond series that was really fascinating to see that universe in the Batman franchise.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot88 View Post
    My question is…. is this same director who directed the Batman animated series in the 90's or is it the more recent (The Batman animated series)?
    directed by Bruce Timm (BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES)...yup that 's obviously the same guy.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

um i thought batman died out huh i gues it keep going i hope the batman movie coming out is good
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

It seems promising... I'll have to check it out... and if Production I.G., Studio 4C and Madhouse studios are going to be involved... well I'd say this is going to be really interesting and (hopefully) worth to see...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku Blackbird is off to a good start Blackbird's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I'm have watching the old one of Batman but an anime seem a bit ok I guess.

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd love to see a batman anime ... but of course with the same quality of story line ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

ive only seen the cartoon so it may be good ill look out for it

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

+ Reply to Thread